The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can a Galant ever be a 10sec car?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 66
    I dont think anyone has put a twin in the USDM Galant. But in the Galants mother land, thats how the VR4s Galants come.
    Love,
    Matt

God Im crap at photo editing !

Oh well - kinda funny though. (Sorry DANJ - hope you dont mind your car being used)
    Just living another day in the universe !

If you have about $7K, RPW has a twin turbo kit for the 6G72 motor. I believe Twisted was supposed to be the prototype, but that fell through.

I think they were also experimenting with a roots type blower also?
    Love,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    I think they were also experimenting with a roots type blower also?
    Yeah, RPW was also doing a Roots blower similar to the Alpina one on the Tiburon - that too, apparently has stalled.

waste of money

10 sec? wow you are dreaming...
    you have a V6 SoHC, thats good enough. I mean why would you spent more money than your car already worth, just go by a eclispe or something. I dont think Twin Turbo a Grocery getter is a very good idea.

Galant = a family sedan. drive it stock, thats what i do.

Re: waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by solofantasy
    you have a V6 SoHC, thats good enough. I mean why would you spent more money than your car already worth, just go by a eclispe or something. I dont think Twin Turbo a Grocery getter is a very good idea.

Dont listen to this guy^

The galant is probably the best car to do it with. You pull up to someone at a light a there imediate thoughts are thats its slow. You can have alot of fun with that. Even though I say dont aim for 10 sec that kinda pushin' it. But dont buy an eclipse that would be pointless seeing ass how the have basically the same engine

lol the kid is 16. its better to tell him to save his money than to keep dreaming about twin turboing his car.

its a Galant. we're already at a disadvantage compared to other midsized family sedans. sure you can make it fast, but for your age, unless you gets an allowance of $2k a month, you cant make your car a 10 sec car.

at 16, you probably have a part time job that brings in $300 a month, so you can rice out your car like all the other 16 yr olds. $100 intake from ebay. $200 spoiler from ebay. $400 body kit from ebay. $100 muffler. $50 strut bar. $600 rims. that should keep you busy for a year

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    lol the kid is 16. its better to tell him to save his money than to keep dreaming about twin turboing his car.

its a Galant. we're already at a disadvantage compared to other midsized family sedans. sure you can make it fast, but for your age, unless you gets an allowance of $2k a month, you cant make your car a 10 sec car.

at 16, you probably have a part time job that brings in $300 a month, so you can rice out your car like all the other 16 yr olds. $100 intake from ebay. $200 spoiler from ebay. $400 body kit from ebay. $100 muffler. $50 strut bar. $600 rims. that should keep you busy for a year
    quoted for perfection
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar

Re: waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by solofantasy

by saying to buy an eclipse, i hope your talking about a 1g or 2g AWD eclipse, because the 3g eclipse's are only a couple pounds lighter then 8g's and they have the same powertrain, minus the 5 speed option, but we can still swap to 5 speed so its not really a big disadvantage. A 2g awd is heavier then a 7g and it might even be heavier then an 8g, if not its close. an evo is heavier then 7g's and 8g's. granted they have awd, but if you were running slicks and a lsd, it wouldnt be that huge of a disadvantage, maybe .3 secs.

To build a fast car there are a ton of variables that go into it, and a ton of money as well. im thinking around $15,000 would get it done. if I knew what i know now about DSM's and galants, i would have built a 7g instead of an 8g, due to the weight factor. the 10 sec car question is such a broad question because you have to ask yourself, what am I willing to give, to get it. are you willing to spend $15,000 on a car that you cant drive everyday, or a car thats soo illegal you couldnt drive it to the track and it had to be trailered.

I honestly think that if you built the car right, maybe 500whp motor, 5 speed, LSD, good suspension, and slicks. and..im not done yet, and if you got rid of all the unecessary things like your spare tire, the 10 speakers and 4 amps in your trunk, tv's in your headrest, etc. get rid of it all, and if your a good driver, you could run a 10 sec pass, a 10.99 is still a "10 sec pass"...ohhh and wait...this is all contingent on the track conditions being right, you having the right octane fuel, the wind at the right mph and direction and the air in your tires at the right pressure. hmm but yes, it COULD be done.....ohh and i forgot to mention.. these are mitsu trannies, you might need a few extra to complete your quest.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Thing is i bought the car for 12k and i have around 7k in the bank, im thinking i might do twin turbo if i can get it cheap from my dads work they were saying 4k for it then body kit 1k then catback exhaust 750 then rims like 1k. thats what im thinking of doing and thats all including instalation from his company. As far as eclipses go if i wanted an eclipse i would buy one but they arent any faster except manauls and they look gay. galants are imo one of the best looking cars once you get a body kit on it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    dude, honestly, do with it what you wish. My car was only $5,000 that why I invested soo much in performance parts, if my car was $12,000 I wouldnt have bought it.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

8G_GTZ
    here's the problem with your money spending problem.

lets say you do get all of this. it's running great, you're going down the highway and boom! there goes a cylinder, altenator, or your clutch. Now, since you spent all of your money, what do you use to fix it? Besides that, you didn't take into account the money for the paint on that stupid body kit. Or not that I want it to happen, but what if you get into an accident? It's all gone. No money. You have to leave yourself money if something happens so you can get it fixed.

Save you money for a car that is better, or do all of that ebay stuff quoted that QNZ said.

Steve

What kind of car do you think is better than? IMO i would rather buy a car for say 22k then put 15k of performance parts or so into it rather than buying a 45k mercedes. the 22k car with 15k put into it would more than likely be faster

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    there's something about taking a $900 car (KBB value for my car) and having it outrun 6spd G35s......
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    6g Galant VR4!
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>6g Galant VR4!</div>

I agree, especially since they can be found around my area for $3000-5000

Besides, what fool would slap a turbo on a family car :twisted:

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>6g Galant VR4!</div>

I agree, especially since they can be found around my area for $3000-5000

Besides, what fool would slap a turbo on a family car :twisted:</div>
    Idk, youd have to be pretty darn retarded to do so

7g for life!

Kind of goes back to what we were talking about before it doesnt matter what kind of car you have anything can be fast. whether its a minivan or a toyota supra

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast