The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can a Galant ever be a 10sec car?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 66
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sean C>)</div><div class='quotemain'>What kind of car do you think is better than? Â*IMO i would rather buy a car for say 22k then put 15k of performance parts or so into it Â*rather than buying a 45k mercedes. the 22k car with 15k put into it would more than likely be faster</div>

With 37k? Hell, the possibilities are endless. It all comes down to taste. With that money, you could import a R32 skyline, a silvia, (maybe an 8g vr4?) or you can just buy a supra or rx-7 with still a bunch of spare money to spend on mods.

If you really want to make the galant fast, do an evo engine swap.

wouldnt it be cheaper and easier to just build up the galant v6

when I said Eclipse, i meant 3000GT... sorry about that.
    and ya, i think most ppl would agree with me, "why would you twin turbo a "FAMILY SEDAN" ??

I personally own a 03 Galant ES. Galant is really not meant for racing or become a sport compact. From the truth, my friend owns a Nissan Altima, and that sucker is alot faster than Galant, even when its stock.

dont be a rice boy, save your money for college.

isnt the 3000gt the same engine except with twin turbo?

This is just a guess but i think there joking.Peanotation Galant can beat alot of "fast cars out there (havent you read the stories) And seths galant has a turbo Notice the T in his name. So 1.do what you what, 2.Dont be a ricer and finally 3.have fun with whatever you do

I suppose if you like the look of a 3000gt you could buy it but i dont like the curvy looking cars, galants (once they have a body kit on) are imo the best looking car ever. If you want to buy a car with everything like turbocharge and stuff stock and pay 2 times more for it go ahead but id rather do it myself.

Proto
    evolutionimports.com

call them up, they have a RHD 8G VR4 for sale.

3000gt specs./ Most people like the 1999 looks the best

Twin turbochargers and twin intercoolers

181 cu in w/ 8.0:1 compression

Electronic controlled MFI (multi-point fuel injection) with twin spray injectors

320 Horsepower @ 6000 rpm, 315 lbs.-ft. Torque @ 2500 rpm

(capable of up to 750hp with stage 1 - 4 kits)

Engine redline - 7000 rpm

4 bolt main bearing caps with forged steel crankshaft

Full time all-wheel drive with center differential and electronic traction control

Limited slip rear differential

4 radiators with dual fans (engine, oil, and two turbo coolers

Proto
    i was bout to get a 3kgt vr4 but the deal fell through.. i hit over 100mph in 3rd gear.. it was sweet

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(solofantasy)</div><div class='quotemain'>when I said Eclipse, i meant 3000GT... sorry about that.
    and ya, i think most ppl would agree with me, "why would you twin turbo a Â*"FAMILY SEDAN" ?? Â*

I personally own a 03 Galant ES. Galant is really not meant for racing or become a sport compact. From the truth, my friend owns a Nissan Altima, and that sucker is alot faster than Galant, even when its stock. Â*

dont be a rice boy, save your money for college.</div>
    So are Evos family sedans? They have 4 doors. Nothing wrong with modding Galants to be fast. They are a good base, descent suspension setup stock, fairly moddable stock motors. Just have to know where to put the money.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(solofantasy)</div><div class='quotemain'>when I said Eclipse, i meant 3000GT... sorry about that.
    and ya, i think most ppl would agree with me, "why would you twin turbo a Â*"FAMILY SEDAN" ?? Â*

I personally own a 03 Galant ES. Galant is really not meant for racing or become a sport compact. From the truth, my friend owns a Nissan Altima, and that sucker is alot faster than Galant, even when its stock. Â*

So are Evos family sedans? They have 4 doors. Nothing wrong with modding Galants to be fast. They are a good base, descent suspension setup stock, fairly moddable stock motors. Just have to know where to put the money.
    7g for life!

You just can't drive
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

I guess we should have put on the [sarcasm] tags.

Why would someone twin turbo a family sedan? Go ask Ralliart/Mitsubishi, about the twin turbo 8th gen Galant VR4

seth your words are too freaking inspiring.. id like to see cali and censee get into this post
    Diego

TGC Regular
    who wants to mod a galant?

FOO why do you think this site was built??!!??!?

when is we gon be free????

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    yeah guys, this kid made a good point that its not worth it to mod a galant , now my dreams are ruined, im gonna go part out my car and jump off a bridge.....
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah guys, this kid made a good point that its not worth it to mod a galant Â* , now my dreams are ruined, im gonna go part out my car and jump off a bridge.....</div>

you should go jump off a bridge cuz your car isnt 10 seconds

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah guys, this kid made a good point that its not worth it to mod a galant Â* , now my dreams are ruined, im gonna go part out my car and jump off a bridge.....</div>

man.... i'll take one for the team and take your g off your hands for free of charge

when is we gon be free????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sean C>)</div><div class='quotemain'>isnt the 3000gt the same engine except with twin turbo?</div>

The heads are DOHC, I believe.

2003 galant gtz engine is dohc isnt it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast