The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: guage bezel overlay...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 50
    Tiller

guage bezel overlay...

anyone know if anyone makes an overlay for inside the gauge cluster...

I saw this one company makes these billet overlays, and they look sweet, but they don't offer them for the Galant...

I'm really interested in a carbon fiber one, i just do not like that blue background inside there, and i will NOT replace the guages themselves... I just want an overlay to cover the blue...

interesting...maybe this should be my next project hmm

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I painted my aluminum
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Yeah I have a 2002, I got the GDI Gauges and the gauge bezel to cover the blue. i though the blue was nasty also.

The only blue left is where the turn signals are thats it.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

chibisak
    i wish someone will make the aluminium overlay

Yeah Tiller,

I just put a 2001 Bezel in to cover the nasty blue (probably paint it someday)and replaced the instrument panel bulbs to blue..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Tiller
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeGalant
    Yeah Tiller,

I just put a 2001 Bezel in to cover the nasty blue (probably paint it someday)and replaced the instrument panel bulbs to blue..
    you got a daytime pic of that...? Where did you get the 01 bezel...?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiller
    Yeah Tiller,

whereelse but the dealership.

Go to www.DelRayMitsubishi.com TGC members get 25% off OEM PARTS!!

VTGalantGTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiller
    Yeah Tiller,

whereelse but the dealership.

Go to www.DelRayMitsubishi.com TGC members get 25% off OEM PARTS!!
    Do you know for a fact that you can just order the bezel? No junk yards around me have an 8g and I Don Herring said that they didn't have a part number just for the bezel. And, of course, if anyone has one sitting around or know where they can get one close by, let me know, I'll buy it. I am dissapointed that the '02 GTZ didn't come with the white faces.

Gizmo and ChromeGalant, did you have any problems securing the bezel or was it a clean fit?

Quote Originally Posted by VTGalantGTZ

Do you know for a fact that you can just order the bezel? No junk yards around me have an 8g and I Don Herring said that they didn't have a part number just for the bezel. And, of course, if anyone has one sitting around or know where they can get one close by, let me know, I'll buy it. I am dissapointed that the '02 GTZ didn't come with the white faces.

Gizmo and ChromeGalant, did you have any problems securing the bezel or was it a clean fit?
    sorry about that, i know y the junkyards around u don't have them, i been raiding junk yards within a 200 mile radius looking for galants. and yea i have the only gauge bezel that all of em had. i'll try to look up the part number on it when i go home this weekend.

uhm i don't know what the dealer charges but oem-car-parts.com has it for like 36 dollars. might me an option if you can't find a place that has it

VTGalantGTZ
    Found it! Thanks Alan.

I just called my local dealer and he quoted me a price of $170. I am really hoping that he was looking up the wrong part. FYI, Everytime I have called Stohlman Mitsu in Tysons, VA for price info they have had ridiculously inflated prices.

Found it! Thanks Alan.

I just called my local dealer and he quoted me a price of $170. I am really hoping that he was looking up the wrong part. FYI, Everytime I have called Stohlman Mitsu in Tysons, VA for price info they have had ridiculously inflated prices.
    you might want to try delraymitsubishi since they give us a 25% discount. if you are looking for some place local, you might want to try rockville mitsubishi, i believe our chapter gets a small discount there i recall, maybe

but yea 170, thats the wrong part haha. i can't see paying more than 50 dollars for that part at the dealer.

I had no problems with it it just snapped in. On the 2002 there is a screw that screws the bezel to the gauge housing, but on the 2001 there isn't one. No biggie didn't need it.

If you want a bezel go to www.oem-car-parts.com they have them there for like $35 shipped.

Thats where I got mine.. OEM parts..

Tiller here'sa pic.. I also cleared the needles.. they glow blue and the guages do too since I changed the bulbs..

I'm still getting the halo guages though..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thats where I got mine.. OEM parts..

Tiller here'sa pic.. I also cleared the needles.. they glow blue and the guages do too since I changed the bulbs..

I'm still getting the halo guages though..</div>

Ok Chrome 2 questions:

1) Where you get the bulbs and
    2) Were yuo actually driving that FAST when you took the pic

Answers...

1. From an autoparts store ( I got mine from Autozone..#194 bulb)

2. Yes.. taken on my way to HIN Atlanta... I got into a convoy of civics,accords, a subaru and a celica..rollin..

What did you do to clear the needles? Does it require pulling them out of the bezel?

Supernova
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Answers...

2. Yes.. taken on my way to HIN Atlanta... I got into a convoy of civics,accords, a subaru and a celica..rollin..</div>

Shoot man, you were flyin. Fastest i've been is 90.

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thats where I got mine.. OEM parts..

I'm still getting the halo guages though..</div>

hell yeah, that's what i need... you got that part at the dealer...? do you happen to know the part number...?

And how hard was the install on that...? How do you secure it...?

BTW, i saw your drop in your profile, but it got closed... looks 10x better man... i think the reason it still looks high is the 35 rubber... go with 40 on your next set... looks good man...!

Tiller
    this overlay need to come in a carbon fiber to match the factory weave of the GTZ...!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast