The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GTS Sucks in the snow

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    hotdogman1

GTS Sucks in the snow

Anyone else have terrible problems in the snow. especially going up hills. I tried going to work and i have to go over two mountains. I was getting passed by honda civics. finally gave up and went back for the truck. Studded tires are prob the best bet.

what kind of tires do you have on your car...wider all season tires will be horrible in the snow, and if the tread is worn it'll be even worse...invest in some snow tires especially if you plan on going up a mountain in the snow and you should be good to go
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

try getting some winter tires, you don't want to ruin those rims. doesnt the gts come with tcs?

yeah it does
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

Rising_Suns
    Quote Originally Posted by jusmills
    what kind of tires do you have on your car...wider all season tires will be horrible in the snow, and if the tread is worn it'll be even worse...invest in some snow tires especially if you plan on going up a mountain in the snow and you should be good to go
    Exactly. It's all about your tires. The car is heavey enough, so weight is not an issue. You just need a good set of tires.

I use Khumo all-season tires 17x45x225, and they seem to handle pretty well in the snow. All season treads seem to be ok, generally. It's when you get into the high performance and ultra high performace tires that your snow traction decreases considerably. And as you said, the wider your tire, the worst it will perform on snow.

also remember to drive according to wheather conditions.

last week i was driving on the LIE, and outta no were my backend swings out, and im swerving all over the place. i was soo close to the divider if i stuck my hand out the window i could have grabbed it, scary

damn non snow tires
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

could be ice on the pavement here in toronto, canada we get them all the time and we see cars swinging away so it's always good to invest in some winter tires. try getting them for next winter so you could have less problems when driving around

I'm surprised it is handling badly. I never have any problems with my 8th gen V6 in the snow.

could also depend on how a car is driven. when winter starts, a lot of drivers still drive like it is still summer.............