The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Suspension Problems!

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Suspension Problems!

So I got my master set, new KYB's, and Eibachs finally goin in to the car. I first didnt realize how much of a job it was going to be! My friend called me with the estimate after they started on the car and it is gonna be over 1000 bucks to install!!!! This is with him not charging for certain things! Then they ran into a problem and the rear had to be sent to a machine shop to have some bushings pressed in. Well the ones near the rear hub assembly are stuck in there good! He said that is also on a weird angle and that if they star cutting or drilling I could have more problems! So I told him to leave that one alone. He told me that one was not that critical. I am just so frustrated with this project, I didnt think it would cost so damn much! :?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

ipaintu
    I got my springs on today for 40 bucks so i tipped the guy 40.00.. I took it to him at 9:30 when i went to work and he came got me about 11:30. Oh i look sweet..

Good luck tho with yours..
    But if they have a press should they be able to press them out no matter? i would think...

Dude you should have done it yourself for free. I did mine myself in like 3 hrs and that is the first car I had ever lowered.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Pics Ipaintu pics!!!!!!!!

I dont have anywhere to do it, no tools and no time! But the problem wasnt the springs or getting the parts. I got all the parts for like 750 bucks! The problem was those bushings in the rear hub that was frozen in. I went to drive it today, and it rides great! I cant wait to get her back. They still have to do the allignment...total right now, minus the machining they had to do, it like 1158.03!!! :shock:

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ipaintu)</div><div class='quotemain'>I got my springs on today for 40 bucks Â*so i tipped the guy 40.00.. I took it to him at 9:30 when i went to work and he came got me about 11:30. Oh i look sweet..

Good luck tho with yours..
    But if they have a press should they be able to press them out no matter? i would think...</div>

Took me 25 minutes a side when doing Jessies suspension.

1 socket,rachet and piece of pipe is all you really need. The stock suspensio must be settled enuff that you dont need the compressor tool.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

the difficulties with the suspension clearly aren't with the damper setup. the issue is with the bushings.
    it can be quite a pain to remove the old ones. no matter which way you go about it, its intensive labor.

i hammered out every single bushing in my suspension using sockets as die's to drive them out. took me a while. i did each corner one by one on alternating weekends until it was done. I had it down to a t by the last few bushings. but it was a pain. once you have the old bushings and sleeves out though, getting the new ones in is a snap. especially if you have the prothane kit cause you just pop em in by hand.
    but besides all that. getting rid of the factory mush to favor some stiffer polyurethane bushings is the single most benifical suspension mod to do to a 7g after struts.
    its a night and day difference. 70% of the loose handling on the 7g is due to the abundance of bushings due to its multi link design. when the stockers flex and twist, your suspension geometry gets all out of whack.

you are going to love it.
    next up for you... read Peanotations new rear sway bar tutorial

also did they install the upper mount bushings? those make a world of difference as well. the stock upper mount bushings are like putty

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>But the problem wasnt the springs or getting the parts. I got all the parts for like 750 bucks!</div>

u paid 750 for whaat!?
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(g-ridda)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>But the problem wasnt the springs or getting the parts. I got all the parts for like 750 bucks!</div>

u paid 750 for whaat!?</div>
    Polyurethane bushings, kyb agx, and eibach prokit

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Thank you Stunr! Yeah I got all the parts pretty cheap! Its the fuckin install thats killin me! Yeah, they installed all the bushings except the ones by that hub and the shifter bushings (for manual cars). I drove it and it is soo much better. I get the car back sometime this week after the allignment and I pay them! I didnt have a stock setup anyway. I was on KYB adjustables and Skunk 2 coils. Got sick of the ride so...