The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The best 7G bodykit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

The best 7G bodykit

First and foremost, I did an extensive search and didn't find anything that I found to be helpful, nor was anything recent enough. Also, everything I found that had pictures, the pictures didn't show up.

Having said that, I am yet again getting second thoughts on whether or not to keep the 7G and pimp it, or sell it, get an 8G, and pimp that. I am not going to make my final decision any time soon, but I've been looking at some 7G kits, and nothing is really tickling my fancy. So, I ask the pros:

What is the best looking 7G kit, in your opinion?

What colors are best for 7G's?

If you had a reasonable budget, what would YOU do to style up your 7G? Visual things only, please. No turbo kits

If you have a kitted 7G, please post some pictures.

Also, what else I find is that most 7G kits are made for the 94-96 versions. I don't see many kits that pay much respect to the 97-98 front end. I personally prefer the look of the 97-98 over the 94-96, and if I could get a kit to compliment it, that would rock.

My taste would be something that either makes the car look like a high-dollar German car (like a BMW or Benz look), or something that makes the car look like a sports car. If going with the sporty look, as many curves as possible.

Regardless of which route I went, sport or luxury, I'd probably end up getting projector headlights (probably cibbie), lambo front door and suicide rear doors (maybe, depends), large chrome rims, dual exhaust (not huge mufflers, nice subtle chrome tipped ones), body color window shades including rear window, and a few other things that I'll think of along the way.

Thanks for the help guys, and I apologise in advance if my impared search abilities got the best of me. I know Pinoy is going to come along, and show me that he found a topic that was started yesterday that answers all of my questions

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

1. Well you have 3 choice the erubundi kit, JDM kit, or that other kit which I cant think of now

2.Black is always good

3. Rims, Tint, Custom seats, Custom interior, Tvs, cleared and or blacked out heads

4. Its the same kit for all four years

5.Souldn't you know this already since you have 400+ post

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    By far the best looking is the "drift kit" originally made by eRacing.
    7g for life!

8G_GTZ
    well, on a reasonable budget and European sports car look in mind, I'd say no body kit, custom lip kit, and slam it. the body kits are made for the 94-96 because they are an easier front bumper as far as the support holes are conserned. You just have to buy the T-Bar. Here is when I had my body kit on the 7G. the sides are for the 8G.

hope that helps

Steve

Thank you very much.

Wow, I broke 400 already? Shit, I should STFU...

Anyway, yeah, as far as the front bumper goes, I think the drifter kit looks the best, but again, it's made for the 94-96. Unless there's something I don't know about...

Just need a tbar and grills, everything else bolts up the same.
    7g for life!

I think I'm going to hold off on a 7G kit. If anything, maybe I'll get lips and sideskirts, but that's the size of it.

Thanks for the help guys.

8G_GTZ, did this thread inspire you to change your sig?

8G_GTZ
    that's my past car, yes. I miss it. 1.5yrs and 8K later, it was sold primered, lowered, and tinted. trashed the body kit, sold the wheels, left the intake, high flow cat and muffler on. then I went to a Talon, had it over the summer, then got this.

Steve

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I prefer performance..but I also like to have the car looking nice too. I went through a "body kit" phase but found it a bit impractical. You should do something also that makes you happy and in the end you'll be happy you are driving something you are proud of. Here are a few pics of my 7g..I like and wanted the "JDM" look with a bit of uniqueness.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    bottom line there's 3 kits out there: the erebuni, "erac1ng", and JDM. i would write more but i hate bodykits now
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

8G_GTZ
    what did you end up doing about that rear?

Steve

Ok, G-rim, what exactly do you have, because I want it. That's freakin' exactly what I want

What do you have, and was there any trouble getting it all to fit on? I want that spoiler, front lip, sideskirts, everything.

That's crazy nice man, good job on that!

8G_GTZ
    JDM and custom man. he's got some cash flow

Steve

:x

I mean like, I see a front lip there. What is it, and where can I get it? Also, that spoiler, I want that too. Where can I nab that? The sideskirts as well.

If I did all that, I probably get these fenders too:

A few other custom modifications, but I definately want those three items. The front lip, spoiler and sideskirts.

Or, wait, now that I look, and how you guys keep saying JDM...

Is that lip and side skirts the VR-4 ones?

Kevin(4grim) has USDM 97/98 with an accord front lip. Looks hot. JDM theres basically two bumpers:

Diamond edition:

OEM Vr:
    7g for life!

Ok, thanks for clearing that up Seth. What year Accord fits? Also, will that piece bolt right on, or will there be rigging involved? I'm about to look for one to buy.

EDIT: 94-97 Accord fits, just found it.

KITS ARE EVIL...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Well I agree with that now that I see what 4-G has done, Kraze. His car is teh pwn.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Ok..hope this clears up some things:

-I have a 97-98 front bumper conversion with a DC2 integra "typeR" style front lip. Its made of ABS plastic and I like it. Its strong, rigid and won't have to worry about cracking like fiberglass. It requires very little modification to fit the 97-98 front bumper

-I have JDM 7g VR4 sideskirts on the car. I think if you have 94-95 7g's there is existing holes under the rocker panels which the JDM VR4 sideskirts are suppose to clip into. 96-98 do not have these pre drilled holes for clips to snap into..so I just use stainless steel self tapping screws with washers to keep the side skirt to the car.

-The wing is a authentic JDM 7g VR4 rear wing and I love it and I don't regret it at all. Its pretty easy to install...just to have to create your own drilling template to drill the holes if you choose to do it yourself like I did. The LED brake light plugs into a existing plug on the trunk lid thats just hanging there if you don't have a factory wing already.

The only other thing I plan to do exterior wise is a rear skirt and a new paint job...I would like to have -G-rim and my GVR4 both the same color as the Dark grey EVO MR color. Also maybe a C/F hood..or right now I got a idea to have a functional hood for cooling and air flow into the engine bay.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast