The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo/supercharger from ebay.

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Turbo/supercharger from ebay.

what do you guys think of this? has anyone tried it? just out of curiosity that's all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

if it truely is a kandn filter, cool... all these ebay things are mostly scams to get poor inocent people to think itll work.... i used to remmeber seeing something like that 2 years ago, and thinking it worked.. but ive been proved wrong here...
    Diego

theblackpearl
    buy it and find out man...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice! but im sure you can use a blower fan instead like i did!

I would buy it...

Sounds like a supercharger to me. Anyway, I might be wrong, but if you see an improvement of performance then it was a good deal. Anyway, I'd buy anything if it improves my car. Don't buy the turbo whistler. I am an ass I know. I bought it and its junk, lol. Threw it in the lake behind my house

140 bucks... i dunno if its that good to spend that much... thats 140 dollar menu hamburgers :shock: (sorry had to say it... im seeing ocmmercials of that ALL DAY now)
    Diego

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>140 bucks... Â* Â*i dunno if its that good to spend that much... Â*thats 140 dollar menu hamburgers Â*:shock: Â*(sorry had to say it... im seeing ocmmercials of that ALL DAY now)</div>

It's a buck-forty? Forget it! I would rather build one out of PVC. Good McDee's joke! My sister says stuff like that all the time when buying something expensive! Ha ha ha ha *rolls off chair chucklin'*

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Im buying two so I can be tripple charged!!!!!!aarrgg11111eeleven
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    well xmor, u can go take ur stock car now, get it dynoed, get that thing, install it, get a new dyno, and show us the gain...

But I wouldn't buy it without on-paper stats from you.. I couldn't believe anyone saying "it FEELS like I'm pulling harder..."

lol I'm willing to try it out on my car. But you guys gonna have to help me out on the money part...lol donate something you know...lol I'm a college student after all. But i'm serious about trying it out.

Dont forget it would cost about $70x2 to get dyno runs (1st for befor and 2nd for after).

theblackpearl
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xmor)</div><div class='quotemain'>lol I'm willing to try it out on my car. But you guys gonna have to help me out on the money part...lol donate something you know...lol I'm a college student after all. But i'm serious about trying it out.</div>

haha man thats a good one!

Experienced TGC Member
    You have just found the holy grail of performance modifications.

oh come on guys, aren't you all curios too? i mean you don't find a supercharger for that price every day.

If you do a search here, you will see this topic come up a bajillion times. The claims on that auction are dubious:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>With over 500 CFM, this powerful supercharger will create up to 2.1 psi</div>
    Note that when people state something like "over 500", it probably means something like 501.

If you check this other Electic Supercharger, the E-Ram, they state:
    http://www.electricsupercharger.com/supere...eramspecs.shtml
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>THE SUPER E-RAM is two e-RAMs mounted in series. Total max output is 1666 WATTS, 120 amps. This configuration still produces 3.0 lbs. of thrust at 800cfm, but increases the total pressure output to 1.7 PSI (losses due to axial-flow design account for the total pressure being under 2.0 PSI)</div>

And that is with *two* fans inline.

A real electric supercharger would be the Thomas Knight Electric Supercharger
    http://www.boosthead.com/home.php
    But that needs an additional bank of batteries in the trunk to give it power.

Even then, the results don't seem impressive with the electric superchargers.

here, try this mod. take a $100 bill, fold it up and place it in the folds of your air filter. now you have the HP gains of an electric supercharger and you saved yourself $100.

these guys here are all fuckin with u. if you do a search for electric superchargers, noobies always ask about stupid items like this. if anyone here has tried it, they are too embarassed to admit it. haha.

look at the guy's feedback even. all his sales are private which is the #1 tip off to not buy from an ebay seller. AND he has a 94% approval rating which is bad.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Its not a real supercharger. Might make my gokart go faster, but no way a 3000lb vehicle. Thomas knight is the only man that offers a descent electrical supercharger, and that is by far not it.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you do a search here, you will see this topic come up a bajillion times. The claims on that auction are dubious:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>With over 500 CFM, this powerful supercharger will create up to 2.1 psi</div>
    Note that when people state something like "over 500", it probably means something like 501.

If you check this other Electic Supercharger, the E-Ram, they state:
    http://www.electricsupercharger.com/supere...eramspecs.shtml
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>THE SUPER E-RAM is two e-RAMs mounted in series. Total max output is 1666 WATTS, 120 amps. This configuration still produces 3.0 lbs. of thrust at 800cfm, but increases the total pressure output to 1.7 PSI (losses due to axial-flow design account for the total pressure being under 2.0 PSI)</div>

And that is with *two* fans inline.

A real electric supercharger would be the Thomas Knight Electric Supercharger
    http://www.boosthead.com/home.php
    But that needs an additional bank of batteries in the trunk to give it power.

Even then, the results don't seem impressive with the electric superchargers.</div>

I see well thank you for letting me know then. I've actually done a search but I didn't put electric super charger"" in the search so maybe that's why I didn't find a topic about this. I've never seen something like that before and I always see your regular turbo that cost over $1000 and i don't surf ebay every day. anyway, thanks again.