The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: quick question 8g turbo

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar

quick question 8g turbo

whats up everyone i am just curious if a 90-99 2g eclipse turbo kit would fit a 2.4 8g?
    i have been searching and no real answers and i was just curious because there are loads of these kits and from the pics it looks as if the turbo manifold and everything else would fit or would i be able to use most parts and then just piece together a few parts that i may need?
    i dont plan on going FI till the summer due to lack of a garage and its cold in nyc but i have been looking around and if i see one for the right price somewhere i wouldnt want to pass it up

thanks again guys

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    yup been wanting to findout myself but nowhere to be found. i was also wondering if the 3rd gen eclpse has a cyclone intake manifold.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    also what other kits/parts can be used?

C'mon meow, surely someone on here knows, I'm searching as well but not finding anything, I may buy a kit for a 2g eclipse today for close to nothing. If it doesnt fit though, I'll just sell it and make profit, byyaaaa.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    A 2g setup will work no problem except a few things. The IC piping would need to be modified and the turbo/lines will interfere with the A/C unless you get a spacer setup like Cali.
    7g for life!

sweet, thanks for the quick reply, ill have to get with cali to see about the spacer, byyaaa

BYAAAH, lol

lemonnamedsteve
    So 2 things I've found... The turbo kit for the 00-05 turbo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-05-3G-EC...1QQcmdZViewItem

and the 1st gen & 2nd gen turbo kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1G-2G-DSM-E...1QQcmdZViewItem

just wondering if any one else has does these or know which one will work beter, if not I guess I'll try it and post results

Quote Originally Posted by lemonnamedsteve
    So 2 things I've found... The turbo kit for the 00-05 turbo
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-05-3G-EC...1QQcmdZViewItem
    and the 1st gen & 2nd gen turbo kit
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1G-2G-DSM-E...1QQcmdZViewItem
    just wondering if any one else has does these or know which one will work beter, if not I guess I'll try it and post results
    I was looking at the 3G kit, but there's a problem: what about the downpipe? I don't think they make one so you'd have to get one custom and who knows how much that'd cost...

Quote Originally Posted by benitezdm
    I was looking at the 3G kit, but there's a problem: what about the downpipe? I don't think they make one so you'd have to get one custom and who knows how much that'd cost...

that 05 kit looks like it will take ur ac out for the downpipe.. the turbo flange is too far left off center to be made for the 3g or us.. but u could relocate the ac lines.. and get a 2g or 3g kit..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted