The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Another theory. Is it possible...

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Another theory. Is it possible...

If a 1 or 2g turbo exhaust manifold fits our heads fine...why wont same model year headers fit? Shouldnt they just bolt up as well?

And no one answered my question posted in another forum, but...

for my knowledge, what power can a GST auto trans hold? I have such a commute I wanna keep the auto when I go turbo (I know I know) but my plan is to get about 200 at the wheels. Would the trans hold out?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>If a 1 or 2g turbo exhaust manifold fits our heads fine...why wont same model year headers fit? Shouldnt they just bolt up as well? </div>

Any of the DOHC 4g63 turbo a and non turbo exhaust manifold/header will bolt up to the 4G64 head. There is a SOHC 4g63 that was available in some 1st gen "RS" E/T/L and base model 6g Galants and those aren't interchangeable with neither DOHC 4g63 or 4g64 heads.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>for my knowledge, what power can a GST auto trans hold? I have such a commute I wanna keep the auto when I go turbo (I know I know) but my plan is to get about 200 at the wheels. Would the trans hold out?</div>

I have seen A/T turbo transmissions on either 1g's or 2g's handle 300hp at the wheels and still holding up pretty well. Its going to be hard to find DSM owners that are turbo with A/T trannies (its just not a popular combination) that can help you further with information. Though I know someone personally that has a turbo 2g Eclipse that is A/T and I believe he has close to 260 at the wheels, but his car is mainly a show car.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

i have a link for you that says autotrannies are a waste of time. and if you are going to the trouble of replacing your tranny, why not replace it w/ one that has an extra gear?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

will those nonturbo equal headers fit, as in not be too long?.. as in bolt up w/ no need to custom exhaust.. cuz i read that the 8g headers bolt up but they are too long..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

so if they bolt up why do people have a problem finding headers? Just a thought.

As far as the trans goes...I ordinarily would get a 5 speed but like I said...it sux for commuting! Good to know it will hold up though

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

the headers will bolt up but you will need to customize the downpipe to fit the headers to your existing exhaust setup

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Plus most 1g/2gs are turbo, therefore they wouldnt make a NA header. A header from a 2.4L Spyder GS would fit, but not any other NA 2g.
    7g for life!

i think the whole thing that scares people about putting the different car's headers on the 7g is the whole custom downpipe thing. i mean believe it or not but the 8g headers will fit too. and you can find those so easily. but again, you need to get a custom downpipe made.

that and the hp gains vs. cost

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

custum downpipe= well under 100 at any old exhaust shop.
    all it is is 3 simple bends, a flexpipe and a pair of flanges.
    they could even use the flanges that come with the headers you bought.

i would prefer a 5 speed even in a commute. better mileage, and auto's begine to lug and shift erratically not to mention it shortens their lifespan when they get overheated in stop and go traffic.
    but its only my opinion.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

well im not gonna mess w/ my exhaust till i go turbo and thats a while off so thats that.. and yea i hate auto trainys.. any situation.. exept eating and driving or drinkin
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

Re: Another theory. Is it possible...

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius (aka Kimya)
    If a 1 or 2g turbo exhaust manifold fits our heads fine...why wont same model year headers fit? Shouldnt they just bolt up as well?

And no one answered my question posted in another forum, but...

for my knowledge, what power can a GST auto trans hold? I have such a commute I wanna keep the auto when I go turbo (I know I know) but my plan is to get about 200 at the wheels. Would the trans hold out?

Shift Kit
    High Energy Bands
    B/M Clutches
    External Cooler
    Valve Body Reprograming Kit
    Dual Cage Sprag (Wide)
    Wave Plates
    Teflon Bushings
    Molded Pistons

I got all this put on to my auto tranny, when i had to get it fixed. But the guy said that with all these things, i should be able to hold at least 10 maybe 15 psi but that is pushing it. so i dunno if this is bull or what but if not, and you wanna keep your auto and this is true(i don't have my turbo yet) then i would tell you to go with this setup!
    life's a waste of time, time's a waste of life, So foget about life and get wasted all the time!