The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Key Idea for the 8g

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    I will ask my professor what the RFID's cost. I'm pretty sure that the IDs them self are very low cost, and that the Reader is the part that is more expensive.

Most of the RFID's come in the shape of a credit card (The RFID is only a small part of the card). But a lot of business' are using them to track merchandise, so they are getting smaller and cheaper. The major problem, is you would need some sort of an on-board controller to activate everything for you. The output on the RFIDs is digital (ie 0 is denied 1 is accepted and 3 is retry) so you would need a small IC somewhere to activate your relays.

I am going to try and figure this out, if it is less than 100 bucks I'll try it. I will try and do it this way. Keep stock ignition and secuirty key in place.

Put a kill switch inline to the ECU ignition signal that is only activated when the RFID is in proximity. I would like it to be passive RFID in the key (that means no battery) This limits range tho. So I may have to use an active (battery operated) RFID, but if the battery dies and I don't have a replacement I am fucked....hard.

I will get some prices and specs and will actually try to do it. If it works out I'll let you guys know how I did it. I pretty much want to be able to walk up to my car and have the car unlock when I get like 10 feet away. Or maybe even setup some switches so I can change the behavior of the RFID.

I'm guessing that there is like a 50% chance of this working out. it really depends on price of hardware, and if everything is available.

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    Dont get tired do you.
    Whatcha mean?

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    i'll be waiting for updates..

might be a good idea to start a new thread for that project.
    -Pedro

I started a new thread for my project.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/index...showtopic=53107

PVU...it was offered on '05 Murano march build and later I believe. Its part of the convenience package with the SL. Nowadays you can get it on pretty much any vehicle (labelled as comfort access or something like that).
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zippyflu
    yea i kno
    huh??

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    The 07 Outlander XLS has the FAST key system that you talk about. It has a knob on the ignition, unlocks all doors.. works on the rear hatch as well as driver and passenger door... you have to be within 28 inches of it for it to work... Here's the breakdown.. Freehand Advanced Security Transmitter... It's pretty sweet... I wish I can have that on my G... It's pretty bulky though it's about 2'' x 1.5''

Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12