The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My Winter work ...ITS RUNNING.NEW PICS 4/7/06

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 170
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar

My Winter work ...ITS RUNNING.NEW PICS 4/7/06

Well its winter, its cold and im finally getting off my lazy @$$ and finishing what I started. This is performance mods and cosmetic mods together so I just posted it in this forum. All the engine bay paint work should be done by the end of this week and then I can get everything stripped down on the outside so that I can bring the car to the body shop to have the exterior painted. With that said, im hoping to put the engine back in the car and have it running by the end of february.

I stripped out the engine bay for painting. I had to do it in sections because the wiring only comes out so far without actually removing it from the ECU and under the dash, that was more trouble then its worth and since its a low gloss black, it will match even painting it seperate. The main reason for painting the engine bay is this car is 7 years old and is starting to get little rust spots and had 2 decent size rust spots on the stut tower, these were all ground down clean, filled and primed.

Passenger side after being primed and painted

Passenger side already painted and masked off, driver side cleaned, sanded, cleaned again and primed

My new mini radiator

Had to use zip ties for a test fit, im in process of making brackets for it. The lower driver side or passenger side bracket can be used depending on where you place it.

Valve cover drilled for -6AN fitting and stainless lines for pressure vent. New AMS Hi-flow fuel Rail with -8AN feed and return

Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

nice cant wait to see tha car i want my car to be done... good job man!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    hm... i didn't know you were changing the color....

I hope i get to see it in person.

looks good so far.
    -Pedro

TGC Regular
    I hopeyou get it done by some time in march so you can bring her down to bmore or..something shit I wanna see this mofo... we need a damn meeting in end of march or mid march fa sho
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>hm... i didn't know you were changing the color....

I hope i get to see it in person.

looks good so far.</div>

Pedro I just wanted to change the color of the engine bay. I saw it on an EVO and it looked cool so I decided to try it. As for the outside of my car, as of this very moment I have no intension to change color. I am getting all the lil dings and dents removed and the whole car re-sprayed the stock silver color for now.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

How are you gonna blend the two colors?

Also, have you test fitted your JDM headlight with the Radiator on that location? remember that we had to cut out Front support and part of the radiator in some cases. I think you may be better off just centering it.
    -Pedro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>How are you gonna blend the two colors?

Also, have you test fitted your JDM headlight with the Radiator on that location? Â*remember that we had to cut out Front support and part of the radiator in some cases. Â*I think you may be better off just centering it.</div>

well, there is nothing to blend, the exterior of the car is silver and the engine bay is black. as far as the JDM heads, I test fit and cut it all before hand, even still, my radiator is about 7" away from the headlight opening.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

oh, i figured you'd make the black work with the silver where they meet up, blend them into eachother or connect them in a way.
    -Pedro

lol...I know what your saying, thing is they dont meet up on the same part anwhere. I took the whole nose of the car completely off, bumper , fenders, spash shields, wiring, hood, hinges etc. the entire engine bay and radiator support, intercooler and crash bar are all going to be black. The only places you will see a contrast is where the fenders bolt to the frame of the car, you will have a silver fender bolted to a black frame. It flows nice tho, TurboTrix did it on their EVO, I looked that thing over inside out and it came out good.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

That idea is kinda tight..Espically when u got goodies like stewi Post Pics when ur done..
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

the key to a slick engine bay is simplicity. drawing attention to the things that matter, and hiding the things that don't
    what better way is there to make your goodies stand out than to put em against a black backdrop. black is also tight cause it helps to hide the wiring harness.

are you going to paint all the brake and fuel hardlines on the firewall to conceal that nonesense?
    every time i open my hood i look at that crappy greenish hardline and get annoyed.

it would be tight to redo your powersteering high pressure line in braided stainless too.
    i'm not a big fan of braided stainless though.
    i like the look of black kevlar braided lines. rigid, strong as hell, and flys under the radar. thats what i'm all about.

its great to have the time to do all the little things when your setup is already down huh stewi?

when my car was down for the months doing my swap, i did every little mod i could thingk of to get things exactly how i wanted them(or as close to it as i knew how or could afford)
    now that everything is in and running i think of crap i missed, or neglected(like the brakelines on the firewall)
    and it pisses me off.

it makes me think, damnit i better blow my headgasket soon or i'll lose my mind.
    ^ something wrong with that huh?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>the key to a slick engine bay is simplicity. drawing attention to the things that matter, and hiding the things that don't
    what better way is there to make your goodies stand out than to put em against a black backdrop. black is also tight cause it helps to hide the wiring harness.

are you going to paint all the brake and fuel hardlines on the firewall to conceal that nonesense?
    every time i open my hood i look at that crappy greenish hardline and get annoyed.

it would be tight to redo your powersteering high pressure line in braided stainless too. Â*
    i'm not a big fan of braided stainless though.
    i like the look of black kevlar braided lines. rigid, strong as hell, and flys under the radar. thats what i'm all about.

its great to have the time to do all the little things when your setup is already down huh stewi?

when my car was down for the months doing my swap, i did every little mod i could thingk of to get things exactly how i wanted them(or as close to it as i knew how or could afford)
    now that everything is in and running i think of crap i missed, or neglected(like the brakelines on the firewall)
    and it pisses me off. Â*

it makes me think, damnit i better blow my headgasket soon or i'll lose my mind.
    ^ something wrong with that huh?</div>

STUNR I couldnt have said it better myself. As for my lines. So for I have stainless -8AN fuel feed and return, Stainless -6AN power steering line, Stainless -6AN valve cover to catch can line, stainless upper radiator hose, Stainless -4AN oil feed to turbo, Stainless -10AN return to pan. Stainless -8AN from oil pump to oil cooler and back. As of now, I think the only ones that arent stainless are the low pressure power steering hoses, lower radiator hose and the heater core hoses. The heater core hoses cant even be seen with the intercooler pipes in.

As for the brake lines, mine actually blend in with the firewall pretty well, the only place you can see them is a litle above the intake manifold and they look OK. I have a polished catch can, polished coolant reservoir, and im working on a polished power steering reservoir too, I tihnk everything else will draw the attention away from the brake lines.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Looks sick bro! Can't wait to see it finished
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

on the valve cover you should get some chrome lettering for EVOLUTION i think that would look nice. anyone else think so?
    2004 Nissan Maxima3.5 V6 DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by newguyonblock
    on the valve cover you should get some chrome lettering for EVOLUTION i think that would look nice. anyone else think so?
    haha...its already been done.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

damn I hate you! lol
    2004 Nissan Maxima3.5 V6 DOHC

OK so I've been doing some work here and there. This is where im at so far....

These are not real AN lines, those are stock rubber hoses with braided over them, I coudlnt convert these to AN due to the barbs being mounted to the firewall, just trying to clean things up a bit

This is my turbine housing I had heat coated. The coating is good up to 2000degrees, this will keep the heat in and prevent the turbine housing from rusting.

The manifold and wastegate dump were also coated....

I had the turbo completely rebuilt, new center cartridge, new bearing and seals and a new Stage 5 GT350 Garret turbine wheel, this is the biggest wheel you can use in a .63 A/R housing, this will allow insane top end power.

My Valve cover was powdercoated 2 stage Candy Red, I opted not to get the letters polished out, it looks hott anyway. Its kinda dark but thats my new Greddy/Trust oil cap.

The motor is in the car, with prothane mounts installed.

Now that the motor is in, I can start fabricating the other stuff I need and test fitting. I will keep updating the pics in this thread.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

:Fuckyou:

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

looks awesome bro damn you went ahead and got everything in ss lines.
    that's the one thing i dont like about my valve cover it doesnt say evolution it.

when do you plan to start her up?
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

SOON ! ! !

Im in No rush though. I wanna make sure everything is 110% first.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast