The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: F.Y.I

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

F.Y.I

I'm sure this isn't new news to everyone so no need for smart ass remarks, but my boy that works for Pearson Mitsubishi in Richmond VA just told me that there are turbokits in now and are dealer sold and or installed for the nice hefty price of 3k warrantied (at least until they catch you at the track) personally Ithink its the ralliart Ed. One dealer did tell me it was comming. Anybody else heard anything like this elsewhere?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    ? Lies! I wont believe it untill I see it.
    7g for life!

galant_got_speed
    yah that does sound a little farfetched to me...if it IS true ill be the first person out the door to my mitsu dealer

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>? Lies! Â*I wont believe it untill I see it.</div>

Exactly. All Mitsu does is fill our hearts by showing us the concept turbo cars & then kick us in the nuts :?

Experienced TGC Member
    Did Tyrese tell you this?

Calipso
    Wow, the "dealer" told you? I guess you got your info straight from the top.

an FYI for u... most dealers don't know shit.

thats true, but my boy works in parts and service

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Supreme
    thats true, but my boy works in parts and service
    Which means he knows absolutely nothing except for rumors. Unless you have proof, nobody cares about your hearsay.

"plz lock", "prove it ", man don't be so emotionally hurt by something I heard and are skeptical about. If I knew some of you were going to be this affected , I would have written a disclaimer empasizing that:
    1) this is only hearsay
    2)I myself don't belive it
    3)Warning!! this thread may stir the emotions causing one to feel sadd or upset about the unverified information stated below

Agree Disagree

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Its possible Its a bit uncommon and risk for a dealer to offer such a upgrade, but its possible. The dealer can offer a "dealer service" like window tinting, stereo upgrades, leather installation, etc etc. When I work for a Toyota dealership they were offering services and installs that TMS (Toyota Motor Sales) didn't offer as a factory installed option.

For example when the Scions first came out NONE of them had a sunroof option from Factory. Well...alot of customers were asking and interested in getting sunroofs installed so the Toyota dealership that I used to work for, offered Sunroof installations through a outside company to do it for the dealership. The warrany is through the company that did it for the dealership, but if there is any warrany issues with the sunroof the customer would go through the Toyota dealership then we would processs the warranty claim with the company that did it for us. The Toyota dealership I used to work for also offered body kits, DVD screen and aftermarket Navigation installs, aftermarket HID units, aftermarket exhausts, suspension etc etc.

I read in a issue of Modified or Sport compact Car of a Nissan dealer on the west coast offering a dealer option installation of SR20DET's in 240sx's. The price they charge is most likely alot compared to privately owned shops that do the same work, but with the benefit of a "big dealer" service and support. (You would HOPE so)

So...if this Mitsubishi dealer offers aftermarket turbo upgrade installs, then they could do it. Its a way for dealers to bring in customers and make some profit. I will admit its something I never heard of and risky but if they did their research and willing to stand behind that service and products they offer....More power to them.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

"plz lock", "prove it ", man don't be so emotionally hurt by something I heard and are skeptical about. If I knew some of you were going to be this affected , I would have written a disclaimer empasizing that:
    1) this is only hearsay
    2)I myself don't belive it
    3)Warning!! this thread may stir the emotions causing one to feel sadd or upset about the unverified information stated below

Agree Disagree
    Oh boy, believe me, nobody is "emotionally hurt"! :mrgreen:
    ANYTHING like that without details or some solid info on it just calls for the BS flag based on the past.
    Back it up, and I'll be the first one to drive there to check it out.

Experienced TGC Member

Re: F.Y.I

I'm sure this isn't new news to everyone so no need for smart ass remarks,
    You just dont know huh? U had that flame coming

I read in a issue of Modified or Sport compact Car of a Nissan dealer on the west coast offering a dealer option installation of SR20DET's in 240sx's. The price they charge is most likely alot compared to privately owned shops that do the same work, but with the benefit of a "big dealer" service and support. (You would HOPE so)
    That's pretty risky especially for a dealership on the west coast. I thought the SR20DET was illegal in the US for street use. I would be pissed if I got caught with a dealer installed engine and had to pay huge fines and the like. I guess they could get out of the liability by getting people to sign wavers that the car would be limited to off road use only and if they got busted it would they'd be on their own.

Anyhow, back on topic, while its conceivable that a dealership could offer a turbo through a 3rd party, I'm not sure if they would cause of liability. If this is in-fact happening in MD, then cool, at least someone's doing something for the g-community.
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

It depends on the third party involved. My uncle is the parts and service manager of a couple of dealerships, and they do some outsourcing, but they make the company that did the out sourcing sign an agreement of whats exactly covered under the warrenty, and they usually force them to cover things that fall under the dealer warrenty so it doesnt get confusing. Like general wear and tear, manufactor defects and what not. Then just bill back that company when they fix something. Sometimes they even stock the aftermarket replacment parts!

As for the 240, they may just make the buyer sign a waiver saying that they are not responsible, because most dealerships, are just like any other garage. If you pay em, they'll do it.

Speaking on contracts, I might be able to get a paint job through him :twisted: They have a full body shop on the payroll.