The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My first "performance" mod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

My first "performance" mod

So I had a bit of money and wanted to do something to my car so I bought one of those pep boys filters and maf adaptors, and put it in on my lunch break. I doubt I'm getting any real performance increase, but I must say the noise the intake makes sounds pretty cool.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

EXCELLENT! :thumbsup: pics pics pics!

BTW - are u comin out to the NY BBQ next month?

as soon as I find my camera sure. As for the meet I need to know when so I can maybe get the day off.

Edit Picture now.

may 21st...and i believe theres still voting goin on to decide which park exactly.

If it's the 21st then I can't the girfriends gradimination is the 21st. Oh well maybe the next time.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    ur dooooooomed!!! :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by 00GalantMan
    How did you mount yours?
    Actually I used zipties for now. I'm going to make brackets for it later at work. I noticed you have the same setup.I can make an extra set if you want.

milo111000 Why am I doomed?

Quote Originally Posted by cntrylvr79
    How did you mount yours?
    Actually I used zipties for now. I'm going to make brackets for it later at work. I noticed you have the same setup.I can make an extra set if you want.

milo111000 Why am I doomed?
    Actually what I used turned out pretty good. I went to Lowe's and bought one of those 3" pipe hangers. And cut it to fit. It actually looks like it was made for it. As long as you don't look underneath But if you're just looking at it from the top. It looks just right. Thanks for the offer though. But post a pic when you get it done, I might like the way yours looks better

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>milo111000 Why am I doomed?</div>

u'll get so addicted to adding more mods to ur car and you'll never be satisfied trust me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(milo111000)</div><div class='quotemain'>u'll get so addicted to adding more mods to ur car and you'll never be satisfied trust me.</div>
    x2

Oh shit I am hooked now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(milo111000)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>milo111000 Why am I doomed?</div>

u'll get so addicted to adding more mods to ur car and you'll never be satisfied trust me.</div>

Electrical, and cosmetics sure I was bit by that bug a long time ago. As for the performance end of it, I'm not really concerned with making the car fast. I've had my fun with uber fast cars. Now I want one low, slow, and ready to show.

On another note. FInally went through my first tank of gas since putting this thing on. I'll be damned if I didn't go from getting 300-325 miles per tank to getting 375 on this last tank. Wonder if that's gonna stay that way. If it does then damn the filter will pay for itself in a few months.

Re: My first "performance" mod

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cntrylvr79)</div><div class='quotemain'>So I had a bit of money and wanted to do something to my car so I bought one of those pep boys filters and maf adaptors, and put it in on my lunch break. Â*I doubt I'm getting any real performance increase, but I must say the noise the intake makes sounds pretty cool.</div>

What brand of filter did you get and how much was the MAF adaptor? I'm also thinking of doing the same setup.

Re: My first "performance" mod

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gladiator)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cntrylvr79)</div><div class='quotemain'>So I had a bit of money and wanted to do something to my car so I bought one of those pep boys filters and maf adaptors, and put it in on my lunch break. Â*I doubt I'm getting any real performance increase, but I must say the noise the intake makes sounds pretty cool.</div>

What brand of filter did you get and how much was the MAF adaptor? I'm also thinking of doing the same setup.</div>

The filter is some pepboys brand cost me 28 and the maf adaptor was 14

did you guys reset the ecu after the install?

Yeah left the batt disconnected for about 2 hours. Only meant to disconnect it for a few minutes but I got side tracked and forgot about it until I went to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by asjamias2
    why do you have to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by asjamias2
    why do you have to do this?
    Forces the computer to relearn something I don't remember right now. Which in the end has something to do with fuel curves. I am helpful ain't I. It's late and I'm drinking leave me alone. Thank you drive through first window.

Quote Originally Posted by milo111000
    u'll get so addicted to adding more mods to ur car and you'll never be satisfied trust me.
    Ain't that the truth! At least i spreaded my mods out over the course of 3 years, pvu_rida has done all of his, so far, in the course of a year!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by str8304
    Quote Originally Posted by milo111000
    Ain't that the truth! At least i spreaded my mods out over the course of 3 years, pvu_rida has done all of his, so far, in the course of a year!

what can I say??? I love my car lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast