The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My Winter work ...ITS RUNNING.NEW PICS 4/7/06

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 170
    So, did you start it yet or what?

Yeah! I know you did, how could you not? Update us on how it ran. The amount of time you took to put it all together, I doubt you'll have any leakage issues.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    $13k :shock:

Expensive addiction

At least its not crack

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2

Expensive addiction

At least its not crack
    Always is I've put close to that into mine, and that's without any engine work.

Post of pics + the vid when you get time, can't wait to see that!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2

Expensive addiction

At least its not crack
    Yah but thats the cost of two mototrs/setups. First one died, remember
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    actually I havent started it yet. I havent tried. Yesterday I was planning to, but I somehow lost the bolts that hold my crank trigger on. For those who dont know what that is, its a wheel with 58 teeth that my standalone uses to judge timing. If that wasnt enough, the barb fitting for the overflow on my radiator snapped off, so im in process of fixing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

OK. So I got bolts for the crank trigger from the hardware store and they dont fit, too long. I think I got the radiator problem solved, but thats the least of my worries, I can still start the car with it broken as its only going to leak thru that hole if I overheat. Tomorrow I will get the right bolts and give it a shot. I'll keep you all updated....
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

daym stewi great work bro...cant wait to see it in person one day
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

so I hooked up the battery before, checked everything out, good connections all around, all the gauges and electronics work. I uploaded the standalone software to the laptop and hooked it up to the standalone and programmed it. I ran a system check on the standalone and one of the checks is to run the fuel pump for 10 seconds to confirm fuel pressure, when I did this I started leaking fuel where the feed line comes from the firewall. Not a huge problem, however I need to take off the upper I/C pipe, catch can, battery, battery tray and some misc wiring to get to it. So I have again been delayed, im not doing it tonight because its late, I cant start the car this late because its crazy loud. I'll see what happens tomorrow.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Good luck with it bro, and definitley keep us posted. And man I give you mad props for the patience of this build cuz man if I was as close as you are you better believe my ass would be outside fixing that leak and firing it up tonite!!! But you are doing it right dont want to rush anything.

so i got the leaking fuel line off today. Its a compression fitting that holds it on, the fitting was tight, yet it still leaked, I checked the threads and there was a little old stubborn loctite in them which might have caused it not to seal. I cleaned them up and re-loctited it. I know its a compression fitting and its supposed to seal on its own, but I dont believe that, as from the factory it had some sort of sealant on it. gotta let it dry overnight, tomorrow is a new day
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I hate compression fittings.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>I hate compression fittings.</div>

me too. im just glad it stopped leaking. I tried to start it yesterday and .....

DEAD BATTERY !!!!! I guess that mini battery doesnt come charged.... im gonna charge it today......
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>I hate compression fittings.</div>

me too. im just glad it stopped leaking. I tried to start it yesterday and .....

DEAD BATTERY !!!!! I guess that mini battery doesnt come charged.... im gonna charge it today......</div>

ha ha...that was unexpected...lol
    -Pedro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>I hate compression fittings.</div>

DEAD BATTERY !!!!! I guess that mini battery doesnt come charged.... im gonna charge it today......</div>

ha ha...that was unexpected...lol</div>

LOL.... yeah. I figured it had enough power to run the fuel pump, but I guess that drained it more. Its on the charger right now.....
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You guys and your miniature batterys. Be a real man and just throw a Optima yellowtop in the trunk and call it a day.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>You guys and your miniature batterys. Â*Be a real man and just throw a Optima yellowtop in the trunk and call it a day.</div>

Seriously, I'm pretty much jaded from the mini batteries from my install. I even recently tried throwing the braille back on, but it still didn't cut the mustard.

Hooray for Optima Yellow! Now all I gotta do is install the damn battery box before I go to the track :?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>You guys and your miniature batterys. Â*Be a real man and just throw a Optima yellowtop in the trunk and call it a day.</div>

Seriously, I'm pretty much jaded from the mini batteries from my install. I even recently tried throwing the braille back on, but it still didn't cut the mustard.

Hooray for Optima Yellow! Now all I gotta do is install the damn battery box before I go to the track :?</div>

well, if its an NHRA track and the Tech inspectors stick to the rules, you wont be allowed to run with the battery in the trunk without a NHRA legal kill switch mounted on the back of your car. Thats why I didnt put the battery back there, I had the kit and everything to do it, but there is no way around the rule about the kill switch. The track officials here are by the book
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>You guys and your miniature batterys. Â*Be a real man and just throw a Optima yellowtop in the trunk and call it a day.</div>

Hooray for Optima Yellow! Now all I gotta do is install the damn battery box before I go to the track :?</div>

well, if its an NHRA track and the Tech inspectors stick to the rules, you wont be allowed to run with the battery in the trunk without a NHRA legal kill switch mounted on the back of your car. Thats why I didnt put the battery back there, I had the kit and everything to do it, but there is no way around the rule about the kill switch. The track officials here are by the book</div>

Luckily, the track up here (Sac Raceway) is not as strict, and as far as I know, they only require the battery box. I was thinking about the external kill switch, and my idea was like this:

I mounted the battery on the rear right corner, and I also happen to have a busted rear-right taillight. I'm thinking of getting one of those long pull type kill switches that Jegs sells, and route that through the hole that the taillight harness goes through, and mount it on the busted tail. That way I can just put my regular tail back on for daily driving, then put the tail with kill switch on for the track. I saw that idea somewhere, but don't remember where.

Thats not a bad idea, I was thinking of the same using one of my stock tails and drilling a hole straight thru it. If I need to do it I will, but its a last resort. I would rather have 15 lbs worth of mini battery in the front of the car, over the wheels, where I need it, rather then a full size 25lb optima in the trunk. Putting the weight in the trunk just hurts your times even more. I have a hard time as it is keeping the rear of the car from "squatting" when I launch, and i got Tein SS-P's I also already have my Alky Injection kit in the trunk too, so its gonna start getting crowded. If I have to put it back there, im gonna upgrade the springs on my rear coilovers to something harder so I can keep the back end up. Pinoy, you got any pics of your setup? More particularly under the hood where you have the wiring and how its set up?
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast