The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My Winter work ...ITS RUNNING.NEW PICS 4/7/06

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 170
    You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Oooooh Push Button starts are cool.

They sure are.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok, this problem has totally gone too far. I have decided to take all the mitsu shit electronics out of the equation. I am converting the car over to a push button engine start. This way I dont need to rely on any of the stock components, or continue to troubleshoot this problem that has already cost way more money then it needed to. I will have my push start kit on friday...</div>
    what kit are you using?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok, this problem has totally gone too far. I have decided to take all the mitsu shit electronics out of the equation. I am converting the car over to a push button engine start. This way I dont need to rely on any of the stock components, or continue to troubleshoot this problem that has already cost way more money then it needed to. I will have my push start kit on friday...</div>
    what kit are you using?</div>

Ignited Performance. I hear its the best one. Im just using their switch, I am making my own harness and relay setup for it. The way most people wire it makes it easy to steal the car, not mine. I got a few theft deterent tricks up my sleeve.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I installed the switch, made an ignition harness and intalled an inline fuse and relay, i called it a night for now, i'll give it another shot tomorrow. All I need to do is put everything back that I took apart, the lower half of my dash, center console, battery, tray, and intercooler pipe.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

im gonna be the first one to congratulate you on starting her up! post a video up asap!!
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Thats right, she is running ! ! Started up on the first try, no major problems, small vacuum leak and that fuel leak is starting again, except very very slowly, like the motor has to run for 15 mins before you can even tell its leaking. Here is the initialy startup video for now, more to come, i gotta put the hood on, hookup the heads and tail and get wheels on it so i can drive it around this week.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/142AF8A...9E6E4C3FD53.htm
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Nice 8) Glad to see you got her running

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

congrats!

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Congratulation, and I don't think I need to say but enjoy it!!! It's just simply awesome!

Sweet bro glad you got it worked out. Now let us see some video of you gettin on it and a dyno run would be nice. 8)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sweet bro glad you got it worked out. Now let us see some video of you gettin on it and a dyno run would be nice. 8)</div>

You wont see any "getting on it" or dyno vids until after April 7th, thats the day im Dyno'ing it, and im not going to drive it hard until its tuned and working 100%
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

looks fnatastic!

sounds like you have a few little misses.

are you using tape on your flare fittings?
    i never teflon tape on those.
    i have used just liquid felon tape on the threads of the flare fittings, but very little, and only on the outermost threads. flare/ An fittings are machined so that they will seal without tape, unlike npt.
    but i'm sure you knew that.

i;ve got a small coolant leak at my wter pump to water pipe o ring from where i had to dent my pipe to clear my enourmous compressor cover, i need to get on that,

glad to see her running again.

its such an awesome feeling to literally put weeks of actual labor hours into a car cross your fingers, and hope you did everything perfect. Truly undescribable.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    Stewi, you've just created sex on wheels.

Congrats man.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'>looks fnatastic!

sounds like you have a few little misses.

are you using tape on your flare fittings?
    i never teflon tape on those.
    i have used just liquid felon tape on the threads of the flare fittings, but very little, and only on the outermost threads. Â*flare/ An fittings are machined so that they will seal without tape, unlike npt.
    but i'm sure you knew that.

i;ve got a small coolant leak at my wter pump to water pipe o ring from where i had to dent my pipe to clear my enourmous compressor cover, i need to get on that, Â*

glad to see her running again.

its such an awesome feeling to literally put weeks of actual labor hours into a car cross your fingers, and hope you did everything perfect. Truly undescribable.</div>

Those misses are the 2 step rev limiter, the standalone was trying to pull timing because the car wasnt moving and i was at 4k. I need to disable it...
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Congrats Stewi!!!! Hopefully I can see it if you attend the next meet.

CONGRADS!!! Its about time after all that hard work
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

hawt
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

OK, so the fuel leak is figured out. I got a bad AN fitting. Im gonna take it to the hose place tomorrow and get it re-done.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Cool man. Installing AN fittings on AN hose isnt bad as long as the hose is at least -6AN or bigger and you have a vice. But doing my -4AN line was a pain, Id rather have a hydrolic shop do those, I always had leaks on my old line.
    7g for life!

nice congrats dude.
    Home sweet Home

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast