The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 02 sensor q

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

02 sensor q

I am throwing an SES because I have headers, anyway I got the required electronics to eliminate the problem. I was just wondering which 02 sensor is Bank 1? I think the 02 sensor that is furthest back pointing towards the passanger side is the one I have to sim on? When I got my code read at AZ they said it was code p0421 (Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1))

I just wanted to make sure that is bank 1. I know there are 2 02's on each set of headers, why is bank 2 not throwing a code also?

I am not sure if I need one sim or two. I thought that only one 02 sensor was causing the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

bank1 is the bank of cylinders closest to the front of the car.

each bank has 2 sensors. one before the precat and one after.

if you are gonna put in a sim, you need to have a sim for each o2 sensor that went after the precat.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Alright, thanks for the info!

Are there any advantages to the electronic 02 sims besides not having huge ass non foulers pointing out of everywhere?

I may just get another set of non foulers, but shit I am already half way there with the electronic ones, I think i'm just gonna do that.

Well just one more thing for me to fuck up...

Thanks,
    Brian

Experienced TGC Member
    search on Club3G about the sims...

they're ok, but unless you're running some big power and much air through the system, then just replace them from ones from the dealer.

I recently replaced my Bank 1 sensor (the one on the header heat shield) facing towards the front of the car, but i replaced w/ a universal one and has been working out fine... but you're better off getting them from the dealer because they're a direct fit. You get the tool to take out the o2 sensor, and unplug the harness, screw in, and torque the new one and plug in the harness and you're good to go.

It costs a bit more, but it is worth it in the end to save the trouble from figuring out what wire goes where (took forever to find it out)

however you work it, GL. lol
    -Chris

Well I dont have a choice, I have to run either a SIM or the non foulers to get the SES out because of my headers. An OEM or other replacement will have the same problem. I finally fixed my EGR value and the car is running great, now I just want the light out, its annoying.

I am going to go with the SIMs because they are cheaper. I got the electronics for free from my work.