The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DOHC head swap

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Experienced TGC Member

DOHC head swap

Ok guys i have a 97 ES i want to swap the head for the DOHC cause the head on my car now is fucked up. I just want to know everything i need and what i can use from the old head that will match. I have to replace the old head so i figure i should spend like 200 more bucks or so to have the DOHC. A few questions that i have. What year head should i get fron the eclipse? Will my distributor i have now work? cause i just paid 250 for a brand new one. How many HP will i gain? And will all the wires and stuff match up. I dont want to spend much because i dont have a job and im using student money to do this and also i dont want to have to rewire the whole entire car. If its that much work ill just buy the SOHC head for now and upgrade in the future but if it isnt much more work than replacing the original and not more cost effective id like to do it. Please help me out here and if there is a full tutorial on how to do it somewhere will someone post the link ive seen the links for full motor swaps but not one just for the head.

Thanks

its going to cost a bit more than just replacing your existing head.
    do a search or look around in the 7g forums and you will find info on the headswap. should be a sticky for it too.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=39257

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

you probably want to try using the 4G67 head from the 93-95 hyundia elantra. it's the same as the 1G head but with a smaller cc. i think it's around 43cc compare to the 1G/2G 47cc. that's about a .5CR increase on the stock pistons. btw, they are cheap to come by.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    its going to cost a bit more than just replacing your existing head.
    do a search or look around in the 7g forums and you will find info on the headswap. should be a sticky for it too.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=39257

john that link doesnt work i am also intrested even more now, since i found a talon tsi in the yard... any other links for the tutorial anyone???
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T