The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant RalliArt Chicago World Debut

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 52 of 52
    rolling
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChikagoGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yep, looks like crap...way to go Mitsubishi!</div>
    i seconded that was up i was looking forward to the concept i guess i have to wait again all they did was put the montero sport`s grill and a lip i think

Does anyone else besides me feel like kicking in that ugly ass grill they put on it? I don't care how much HP it has, it's still fugly. And who cares how comfortable the ride is, it won't feel good once you change the suspension to something better so it can handle worth a damn. 8G still rules.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChikagoGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>All any Concept Car is supposed to do is test the waters for a production version. Â*Every Auto Company wants to see what the public would think of the cars. Â*I think its beautiful! Â*Much better than the 8G IMHO. Â*Navigation, 258hp, 18" Wheels stock, Much better fit and finish than anyother Galant. Â*

Has anyone here actually driven a 9G? A 9G GTS? Â*Its a much better car than Â*the 8G.

I'd buy it.</div>

They are comfortable I'll give you that, but they do not hold anything against the 7g and 8g for looks. I'm not too sure how the 3.8L will hold up to the tuner market either...we'll see. Even so, it's taken 6 years to get a reliable turbo out for the 6G72....so, do the figuring on that one too.</div>

I've driven the 9G GTS at the Mitsubishi test drive tour and I actually like it a lot. I agree, that external appearance wise, I still prefer the looks of the 8G, but it kinda grew on me.

There is already a lot of support now for the 3.8L due to all the hub-bub over the new 4G Eclipse - there are already at least 2 or 3 turbo kits already being developed for that engine.

If mitsu had made the Ralliart 9G a manual, then it could at least have competed with the Altima SE-R a lot better.

It's obvious that Mitsu isn't concered about competing with anyone, with the shitty versions of the cars they give us....for example the 8G 5spd, that they made 100 of, then switched to AT because they weren't sellin....

Don't come out with one car that has a 5spd and expect to sell the fleet...

Appreciation

Wow, I'm a bit surprised by the acrimonious posts about the Galant RalliArt.
    I would like to put my spin on this, if I may.
    Per Mitsu statements at the Chicago auto show, the Galant RalliArt is only going to make up about 10% of all Galant sales (about 5000 units). This is remniscent of the 2nd gen Eclipse GST sales numbers, and they sold even fewer with the manual (hence no manual in the Galant). As such, Mitsu is not making terribly much money on this and, IMO, they deserve kudos for going ahead with the RalliArt anyway(considering their financial position).
    In terms of the looks of the concept vs the production version, the three visual differences are the 19's, the grille, and the hood scoops... IMO, these differences are minimal and, quite frankly, the production version looks very similar to the concept. The hood sccops and 19's aren't there for cost reasons (same with the Recaros, CAI, Brembos...) and can be added for those who really want them. You got to remember, Mitsu has to price this right for the market so that they can sell these and still make at least a bit of money.
    Now, don't get me wrong, I would have loved to see the 6-speed, the hood sccops, the recaros and Brembos make it onto the production version. The reality is that the car would have been out of its markertable price range with those features.
    My suggestion is this, go test-drive the car once it is available. If you still don't like it, at least you will have valid reasons instead of "it's ugly", "shitty...", etc.
    Mitsubishi Sapporo Turbo, the first, the best and the most beautiful car I've ever owned.

GPTourer
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BigMike)</div><div class='quotemain'>for example the 8G 5spd, that they made 100 of, then switched to AT because they weren't sellin....
    </div>

Wow, is that true? Does someone here own one of those cars? I have never heard of that.

For some reason, I figured Mitsu might be able to sneak Recaros and Brembos in and still keep the Galant price down, mainly because they already have a relationship with them in racing the Evo and that somehow they could pass those savings onto the customer. Wishful thinking.

I was hoping for a more dramatic styling change for the 9Gb Galant, because aparently the rear of the car will remain the same, which is fine, I think it looks good, but I never liked the nose, it was my least favorite view of the car. Its closer to the 380, but not quite enough. Hopefully it will be enough for everybody else, because we need help moving Galants.

cape97
    I seocond Evomk8's opinion

pics of my 9G lowered with 18x8.5 rims

[/img]

It is sad Mitsu has once again screwed UP!!!
    The car is not nice looking, at all.
    It may drive alright, but that is just part of being a car. It needs to look good too. Mazda 6 is sooo goodlooking vs. this one.......

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    uhh... the more i look at it, the more i want to have it :!:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantebeige)</div><div class='quotemain'>It is sad Mitsu has once again screwed UP!!!
    The car is not nice looking, at all.
    It may drive alright, but that is just part of being a car. It needs to look good too. Mazda 6 is sooo goodlooking vs. this one.......</div>

Personal Opinion on the cars looks I think its a far leap forward from the 8G.

Seem good!
    ** Taiwan Galant Club **

Yup its ugly.. like a 9G IMO... thats all Im gonna say about that...
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123