The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MY throttle cable is messing up!

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

MY throttle cable is messing up!

my throttle cable is either f*cked up or sumthing. I hit the gas and let go. but the car is still acting as if my foot was still on the gas! It's not to bad, but it's staying at 2000 rpms. And it's really pissing me off! if anyone has ever had this problem let me know what you did to fix it!

Daniel~
    life's a waste of time, time's a waste of life, So foget about life and get wasted all the time!

clean your throttle body. they always get dirty and cause sticky throttles. mine had a huge "barrier" you had to break through to get the gas movable for a while. cleaned, went away. i was afraid it was the cables but its just the butterfly valve.

<span style="color:#000000">1996 Mitsubishi Galant ES Premium</span>

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Check the throttle cable is not being obstructed from moving.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

when i open the butterfly valve myself it doesn't stay reving, but if i push the pedal it does!
    life's a waste of time, time's a waste of life, So foget about life and get wasted all the time!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Sounds like your cable need a lil adjustment, or its being pulled by something. Make sure the cable is not being held by anything under the hood and that the loop on it is not being pushed in anyway.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678