The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Keyless Remote Programing - 9th Gen

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Keyless Remote Programing - 9th Gen

I bought and extra remote off ebay and it came with programming instructions but I don't understand them completely. The directions are similar to this, which I found by SEARCHING in the 8G threads:

KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM TRANSMITTER SECRET CODE REGISTRATION METHOD

Each individual secret code is registered inside the transmitter, and so it is necessary to register these codes with the EEPROM inside the receiver in the following cases:

When the transmitter is replaced
    If more transmitters are to be used
    if it appears that a problem is occurring because of a faulty registration of a code

A maximum of four different codes (transmitters) can be stored in the EEPROM memory. When the code for the first transmitter is registered, the previously registered codes for ALL transmitters are cleared. Therefore, if you are using two or more transmitters or are adding more transmitters, the codes for all transmitters must be registered at the same time.

1. Check that the doors lock normally when the key is used.

2. Insert the ignition key.

3. Ground terminal (1) of the data link connector. NOTE: This will connect terminal (1) of the data link connector to the ground, and the system will be in secret code registration standby mode. (Be sure you are grounding terminal 1)

4. Press the hazard switch six times between 10 seconds. NOTE: At this time the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked) and becomes registration mode. NOTE: The hazard warning light switch is turned on and off alternately whenever it is pushed.

5. Press The transmitter switch, and then press it two times between 10 seconds of the first press. This will register the code.

6. When registration is completed, the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked).

7. If you are using two or more transmitters or have added a second transmitter, the same registration procedure should be carried out within one minute after registering the code for the first transmitter. After the second registration is completed, the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked).

8. Registration mode will be cancelled under the following conditions:

When the secret code for four transmitters has been registered;
    When one minute has been passed after registration mode started;
    When the ground connection is broken;
    When the key is removed from the key cylinder.

9. After the registration is completed, check that the keyless entry system operates normally.

Remove the ignition key.
    Close all of the doors.
    THE ONLY SLIGHT DIFFERENCE IS #3...on my instructions it says "Jump DLC terminal 1 and ground"

I'm not sure how to jump or ground this terminal 1?? I found this, also in the 8G forum:

Insert a jumper wire between Pin 1 and Pin 4 on your DLC.
    (Pin1 is farthest left on the larger side of the DLC. The DLC is mounted under the driver side dash pointing straight down.)
    Is that the answer to my question?

Thanks for the Help

29 views and nobody knows...??? Help a brotha out!

I wouldn't try and ground anything out based on 8G instructions as you're asking to make something go off and possibly either blow a fuse or wose turn something on like deploy the air bags! :twisted:

Just ask the dealer they'll tell you or you can get a tech to print out the TSB.

- Tech
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

Now remember you do this at your own risk!!

It looks like they are telling you to ground terminal 1 (connect a wire from terminal one to ground--could be a screw or anything metal connected to the body of the car). By jump it also means the same --jumper a wire from DLC 1 to ground.

Good luck
    2004 Galant LS

Titanium04
    I just ran a wire to terminal one and grounded it to one of the screws holding the seat down. No problems for me.