The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: curious about the green color light/icon

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

curious about the green color light/icon

I was parking my car today when just before i switched off the car i saw a green colored icon/light in the dash showing my car..... I was wondering if any1 knew what it is.... I tried starting the car again but it didnt come back.....
    I drive a 00 G I4....
    <span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>Geaux Tigers!!!!!!</span>

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    The only green light I know is the fog light indicator. Where is it on the instrument panel?

There is another green icon on the gauge cluster which represents the factory security system. It will turn on once the key is removed and turn off when the vehicle is started...
    2001 Galant ES V6

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    the last, which you may have hit by mistake when parking would be the Cruise Control Icon.

There are no more...Since the car was moving, i'm assuming it was the Cruise Control, it's happened to me before.
    -Pedro

it was probably the security system coz i have never seen that light before..... cruise and fogs were off so there is no chance for those.....

The light appereared where you see e-brake light, safety belt light, engine service soon, it was the last one....(extreme right)

But thanks.... it was green so i was not freakin out... if it was red... i wud be worried......
    <span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>Geaux Tigers!!!!!!</span>

I've seen that light a few times, I'm pretty sure its the security system light, it normally comes on when I forget to put the key in the ignition before stepping on the brakes.

blue(on the)rims so the G crip walkin

NOOBS!!!!

It's the security icon....get out of ur car and lock it and watch it come on through the window...

You dont have an icon for cruise, you have the word 'cruise' that comes on when u engage cruise
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.