The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weird Noise

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    delo

Weird Noise

When I'm driving with the a/c on i get this weird noise every now and then. sounds like the beginning of a cop siren when they first turn it on. made me check my rear view mirror a couple of times when i first heard it. i'm thinking its the a/c because i only hear it when its on. does it make any type of noise, or could there be another problem.

smonijhay
    LOL that's funny! Mine does the same thing. I haven't been able to figure out what it is. It only happens when I turn the a/c on too. Mine kinda sounds like the squeak you get when you rub your finger across a balloon or something like that.

could very well be nothing more than a loose belt.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i saw this in a previous post, everyone has the same noise and has concluded that it is the vent sliding open when u turn on the ac.

The other noise u might hear is a click type noise which is just the compressor turning over, but anything stranger than that might be a problem.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

smonijhay
    If its a vent door sliding open, is there a way to lube it up so it doesn't squeak? I swear it scares my friend everytime we go somewhere... I don't know what is more annoying, the noise or her asking me about it EVERY DAMN TIME we get in the car :shock: :shock:

delo
    yeah now that i think about it, it does sound like a finger going across a balloon. but i hear it when the a/c is on not when i'm just turning it on. aren't the vents open already. and yeah i also get tried of explaining to people where the noise is coming from.

smonijhay
    I haven't taken it to my mechanic yet, but I think I will soon because my curiosity is peaked. I guess it would make sense to be a loose belt (I think.....) but I got all new belts a little bit ago and the sound has been there since I've had the car. Honestly, I'm a southern gal, I don't really like to run my a/c when I can roll the window down and catch a nice breeze, but some days its just too hot!!

delo
    let me know what your mechanic says the problem is. yeah and somedays i just put the windows down and pump up the music.

:twisted: You guys know what it is galant A/C is so cold your body temp. changes so fast you fart without knowing about it LOL mine does it too :twisted:

miragal
    Same problem with my '95 and believe or not this starnge sound come from the radiator fan motor! Our cars( at least the 95 to 97 I think) comes with a two speed fan motor and when the the motor is starting to go bad it makes that howling/siren sound as second speed turn on.

delo
    so u saying that i have to get a new fan motor? u sure thats the problem.

smonijhay
    Quote Originally Posted by miragal
    Same problem with my '95 and believe or not this starnge sound come from the radiator fan motor! Our cars( at least the 95 to 97 I think) comes with a two speed fan motor and when the the motor is starting to go bad it makes that howling/siren sound as second speed turn on.
    Have you ever replaced your fan motor? How hard was the job?

delo
    someone told me that it could also be the belt being somewhat dry since i dont usually drive around with the a/c on. i'm gonna spray belt dressing on the belt to see if that eliminates the problem. will let yall know.

its doubtful its the fan, but you never know.

it could seriously be a dozen different things, anything from a slipping belt to a failing expansion valve, to normal noises (depending on what youre hearing.).

smonijhay
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(delo)</div><div class='quotemain'>someone told me that it could also be the belt being somewhat dry since i dont usually drive around with the a/c on. i'm gonna spray belt dressing on the belt to see if that eliminates the problem. will let yall know.</div> Good luck spraying your belts. I've done that a million times and it never corrected the a/c noise issue for me. Let me know!