Thread: 4G64 Turbo HELP!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    I know nothing about turbos....

Did you read this website?
    http://4g64.150m.com/turbo.html

What do you need to know? Maybe you ask the questions and we will answer. But just asking what you need is retarded, you need to do some research.

And wtf? Non-intercooled? Why? This isnt a 1985 8v Turbo Omni.

LMFAO. wtf.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

GalntGripr
    never came to my attention that i would be able to use the same parts to run 8 psi.. myb i missd it - if i did dont quote it and try to make me look like an ass

but like i sed i am swapping to 5spd over the summer lol if i didnt have to pay fuckin speeding tickets and "noisy muffler tickets?" (wtf) i would be buying parts for that swap also but since i cant i'll jus boost the auto and hope i can swap it to 5spd b4 the tranny goes *again*

Soooooooooooooooo

how the hell did you lose to a civic :?

You really have to get the "lower psi is cheaper" idea out of your head. The one thing you really need to invest in is patience. If you rush into slapping the parts onto your car to beat that vdub, the greater the risk of blowing up stuff.

Plan it out and do it right the first time, as it will be more of a pain in the ass to add thing later down the line - example: I need to add a tranny cooler, but I should have done that before I put the turbo on. Now I gotta pull out some of the turbo piping and crap to install the cooler.

Just a suggestion - maybe do the tranny swap first, then worry about the turbo.

GalntGripr
    idk wtf swap this guy had but it wasnt boosting.... he had like the 90-91 hatch the boxy one.. and took me from rolling at 30 mph... he had to have a swap cus its no way i lost to a fuckin d engine. i did have 3 ppl in my car and crap in the trunk tho

...not to mention im only bangin with a CAI and a performance muffler

Quote Originally Posted by GalntGripr
    idk wtf swap this guy had but it wasnt boosting.... he had like the 90-91 hatch the boxy one.. and took me from rolling at 30 mph... he had to have a swap cus its no way i lost to a fuckin d engine. i did have 3 ppl in my car and crap in the trunk tho

...not to mention im only bangin with a CAI and a performance muffler
    probably an h22....i was racing one the other day....and he was actually keepin up...i thought i was gonna lose

buy my swap. where are you located anyways?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

dont be cheap on ur turbo kit. I was was doing a low buget turbo kit and i got a fucked up turbo, my oil lines where rubber lines that later poped of and left 1 quart of oil in my motor. and i also busted fuel lines with my set up. so just save up and get all brand new stuff ull be alot happer in the end.

GalntGripr
    Im located in netune which is central new jersey...

..to DOHCSTUNR

i dont think i can afford you swap right now if you read the other posts u'll kno why

theblackpearl
    a civic with a b series motor could have ripped you..

GalntGripr
    yea i figured it was a b motor.. especially in that hatch they are light as hell... dude had a sleeper tho i def thot i was gonna take him easy

*in chappelle's voice*
    "i was racin this dude right and i was at wot and.. and.. -u kno what fuck hondas!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i recommend doing the 5spd swap first. it will give you more power to the ground, help your acceleration out due to the vastly different gear ratio, and you don't run the risk of blowing your auto tranny down the road, especially when you have that turbo running. that would suck some major dick if your tranny blew a month after you strapped the turbo on and your wallet is still freshly empty.....

if you're still dead set on going turbo first, drop this 4psi or 6psi idea and run the standard 8psi. technically speaking, it'd actually be cheaper to run 8psi since you won't have buy the little extra parts to get that wastegate down to 4psi or 6 or whatever.

that link to curt's spyder turbo page that seth posted was my bible when i was doing the research. that and dsmtuners and galantspeed
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Why even bother at all with doing a "quickie?" Do like I plan on doing...research and save. When you have the knowledge amd the money, then start your build up. I agree with the guys that anything less than 6 psi is completly pointless...especially when you can safely run 8 on stock internals.

Oh btw...for my knowledge, what power can a GST auto trans hold? I have such a commute I wanna keep the auto when I go turbo (I know I know) but my plan is to get about 200 at the wheels. Would the trans hold out?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

I know what you're trying to do. i wanted to run just the turbo without the intercooler just for money sake's and I realized just buy the intercooler and some cheap e-bay piping. I would deffinately do the 5spd. swap if you wanna woop some honda butt. I have 3 95 Galants all 5spd. My Maroon one went 15.7 with full interior and my Black one went 15.3 gutted with solid motor mounts. You'll see a bigger gain in the transmission swap than a 4psi turbo. Maybe try to set some goals for your galant. Tranny swap this year and turbo next year. Or switch them around if you'd like.
    Pete

Galant98ES
    LOL this guy is worse than me. Did you by any chance own a civic before? JK.

You should do a lot of reading and researching and try to visualize in your head how turbos work. It's not something you can just put on without affecting other things, like fuel.
    Also you should realize that if you do it right the first time, it's gonna cost you less than if you have to redo the whole thing.
    Listen to seth, peano, dochstuner what they have to say and learn from them because they have done it.
    Buy part-by-part till you get all of them.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Man that 4psi shit is wack, and dont try to boost you A/T. Go 5spd then boost if you like. You are just wasting your time and brain cells on this shit.

Oh and ya a civic will beat your ass especially if it was the boxy ones cuz its lighter than the G only has 2 doors and a hatch and rides on 14 in steelies. Nice try though.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Galant98ES
    ^^^
    Yeah
    Especially if he had a spoiler and cold air intake. I heard that the wing alone can shave off 3-4 seconds when running 1/4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12