The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: [7G] kilowatt / hp stock question

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

[7G] kilowatt / hp stock question

Whats your stock KW / HP worth :?:

Just curious over the stock KW / HP output of 7G galants of all types.

Mine: V6 2.0 HJ Galants in Australia outputs 110 KW or 147 HP stock.

to convert:
    http://online.unitconverterpro.com/unit-co...pha/energy.html

thanks!! ... oh feel free to put your before and after mods KW/HP !

147! Thats it!? OUt of a V6! Our 4cyl here has 141hp from the factory

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius (aka Kimya)
    147! Thats it!? OUt of a V6! Our 4cyl here has 141hp from the factory
    yeah thats what i thought when i saw the brochure ! 110kw...man....
    well its probably the smallest V6 engine. wished they could have done 2.4 V6.
    these 7G galants feels so fast back home in indonesia...but
    here in Australia its a different story ! V8s Holdens / Fords...insane!

but the 7G galant has got it all in terms of lux comfort, good looker and unique here in Australia. love it to bits!

Yeah see at least you got a v6! We got stuck with one freakin engine after 1994!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Yeah see at least you got a v6! We got stuck with one freakin engine after 1994!
    true...true we have a choice of 4cyl or 6cyl up to 1997. Then on its out with the Galants and in with the homegrown Magna(s) *sigh*. So Aust never tasted the G8s. Ironically G9s are being bought in from the US badged as the 380. avg sales from what i've heard which caused the adelaide mitsu plant to make redundent employees..volunteer bases of course.

Heard the 7G 6A12 TT series can output 180kw.... .n00b is the only one i know of in Aust with a TT converstion.

accually our 2.4i the shop key computer says from factory 151 hp
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

i can almost garuntee the 2.0 v6 6a12 has a wider torque band than the 2.4 4g64.

and the smallest v6 i ever saw was the 1.8 liter v6 in the mazda 323.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by RoOkS
    true...true we have a choice of 4cyl or 6cyl up to 1997. Then on its out with the Galants and in with the homegrown Magna(s) *sigh*. So Aust never tasted the G8s. Ironically G9s are being bought in from the US badged as the 380. avg sales from what i've heard which caused the adelaide mitsu plant to make redundent employees..volunteer bases of course.

Heard the 7G 6A12 TT series can output 180kw.... .n00b is the only one i know of in Aust with a TT converstion.
    the magna started in 1988, same as the mitsi galant started in 1988, just that if u read up on how much the galants sold for, it was in the price range of like family sedans, and i think mitsi priced themselves out of a decent market (upmarket mid-sized family cars)

the 380 is not just simply the 9G rebadged, nor is it being imported. the whole car was built in adelaide, and *supposedly* has like thousands of changes to the 9G. yes they may look similar, but the 380 was redesigned to fit the Aus market.

and i dont care if my 7G only has 110kw, it still kicks the pants off any stock n/a lancer, even if it has a milo tin exhaust, and has a 7500rpm - 9000 redline decent acceleration, good fuel economy, bloody sexy car, and not very common. *sings* i'm in love with my carrrrrr

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spackbace)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RoOkS)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evil-G-nius (aka Kimya))</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah see at least you got a v6! We got stuck with one freakin engine after 1994!</div>

Heard the 7G 6A12 TT series can output 180kw.... .n00b is the only one i know of in Aust with a TT converstion.</div>

the magna started in 1988, same as the mitsi galant started in 1988, just that if u read up on how much the galants sold for, it was in the price range of like family sedans, and i think mitsi priced themselves out of a decent market (upmarket mid-sized family cars)

the 380 is not just simply the 9G rebadged, nor is it being imported. the whole car was built in adelaide, and *supposedly* has like thousands of changes to the 9G. yes they may look similar, but the 380 was redesigned to fit the Aus market.

and i dont care if my 7G only has 110kw, it still kicks the pants off any stock n/a lancer, even if it has a milo tin exhaust, and has a 7500rpm - 9000 redline decent acceleration, good fuel economy, bloody sexy car, and not very common. *sings* i'm in love with my carrrrrr</div>

hello spackbace!
    Glad to see a proud HJ owner in Perth!! What mods have you done to her?
    mine are towerbars front and rear, mp3 player clarion, pioneer speakers, k&n pod filter,

was thinking of extractors from RPW + 2.5" cat back (mettham mufflers)..but dunno if its gonna make much difference with an OEM engine setup. from what i've read in TGC...not much difference if no plans for turbo.

yeah i had an 89 galant SE, and that died, was gonna cost like $4k to recon the motor so picked up a 1993 HJ v6 manual for $5500 with 157,000k's on the clock. only had it like 2 weeks, so paying it off plus some speeding fines and sh*t that have come in swapped my HU over from my old car, bought it really. has a pioneer 6-stacker in the boot, old one and uses an fm modulator to do it thru the radio...but the old owner cut the wire thinking it would solve a problem with the aerial...dumbass :?

thinkin of how i'm gonna put splits in the doors, gonna paint the plastic trim at some point (round the aircon vents, centre console etc) probably white, rims and lowering.

but yeah, cant do sh*t right now financially, can barely keep it on the road