The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Ulimate 7th Gen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 45
    here you go man, this is the engine you want for your ride correct the 6a12tt for our 7g's.
    Also the price is not that bad man, go for it before it dont last

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Mitsubi...bayphotohosting

That engine looks clean
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    to be honest, i wouldn't know the first thing to do with that big mamma jamma. I was just trying to get someone to import a 7g vr4 Just looking at the motor it seems like it would be a bitch to work on for a DIY.

ice.. i love your car
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    thanks SuperGalant. I've been waiting for some to notice the wheels!!...man!!... the wheels!!!
    But as far as the 6a12tt the reason i say import the whole car is because i think it would be less of a hassle to try to import one rather than try to get that motor into a usdm 7g. i'm certain the mounts would be totally different, and the cross support, trying to run the drive shaft, and rerun the exhaust you've got to be kidding me.

Soon i'll start the dismantle of my motor and trying to get everything i have installed. Hopefully this summer will prove to be the year i get the tranny, motor swap done. Got the parts, just not the inclination,or the determination.

yea once i find a wrecked 2g then im going all wheel disk.. lol.. maybe i can find a gsx or gst so i can use the turbo aswell..

SamirDarji
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>AMS, SBR, basically any DSM shop. Â*Where are you located?

If money is not an option, may as well throw AWD into the mix!</div>I'm located in North Alabama.

AWD is out because of how much work is involved. That's starts having to tear up the chassis a bit, which is in pretty good shape.

SamirDarji
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperGALANT)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea i im thinkin that slowboy has a v6 twin turbo motor.. if money's not a factor then u have to go TT... and awd..</div>I was looking at the complete longblock and then putting a large turbo on it so it has turbo lag. That way, I'll still get regular fuel economy and power below say 4k rpms. But once I floor it, boost would build pretty quick and see-ya!

And with an auto tranny, all I would have to do is torque brake to build boost off the line for the track or street, although traction then becomes more of an issue.

SamirDarji
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'>the only downside to a 2.1 is it doesn't make much power down low, and since it revs so high, you need a big turbo to make usable power in those area's.
    the critical thing is that you won't find many places to rev to 10,500 in the city.

i think the best street strip setup would be a 2.4 or 2.3 stroker.
    with that said, 2.4's are cheaper.

with a modestly built 2.4 you can make an easy 375-400hp. with some stronger internals, a big turbo, some nice flow work in the head. and a solid tune, you can make well over 500hp. Â*you are never going to get close to these numbers on pump with any less displacement.

i would definatly find yourself a gsx parts car and do the awd swap. cause the power levels you are looking to make would be useless in a fwd.
    useless. at least on the street, Â*
    and after a certain point, more hp isn't going to help your drag times at all.

definatly go straight to standalone. Â*that will make your wiring not such a hassle. and you won't be limited to aem. you can run pretty much any system you want when there are no wiring contraints.
    Â*
    suspension upgrades are going to be key. Â*prothanes, sway bars, a set of dampers. Â*and definatly a modest cage to stiffen the body.

who to get a motor from?

if money is no object.
    there is no substitute for magnus.
    and if you are going to build a 2.4, build a longrod 2.4. they can take a ton more abuse and with the offset wristpins, they will resist predetonation much better.

magnus also builds one sick dogbox.
    so get a magnus crate motor w/ awd dogbox. Magnus sheet metal intake manifold. 85mm accufab throttle body, 3" charge pipes.

fuel system? -8 an feed from your fuel cell. Â*bored out fuel rail, -6 an to the regulator, then -6 back to the tank.
    pte 1000cc injectors. Â*big boy walbo inline pump. Â*

with most aftermarket ems's you can run independant coils. Â*do a true non wastespark coil on plug with a set of motec coils.

get a manifold with a t3 inlet. Â*then run 3.5" all the way back. with a few long resonators for the street.

definatly get some light weight wheels. probably 16 x 8

need some upgraded brakes. since you will be doing the awd swap you will have 5 lug wheels so you will have a world of options as far as upgraded rotors. stainless steel lines and motul fluids.

i'm sure i could go on and on all day.

you want cheap labor? Â*
    buy the parts and pay me to do it.
    i'll turn every screw. involved with everything above.
    wiring, psh. i know the 7 g wiring harness like the back of my hand.</div>Some really good info. I looked into Magnus, and while they are the ultimate, I've heard sourcing problems of all sorts from suppliers and some end users. My own efforts to contact them weren't much better. For how much I'm willing to spend, I want someone that will be there to talk to.

I agree on the turbo lag, but that's actually what I want. As a daily driver, I love the 40mpg that I can get out my Galant right now. And I don't want that to go away. With a lot of lag, I'll be able to get good gas mileage since I'm basically NA before the rpm where it will build boost.

Good points on the 2.1 and 2.4. I'm not looking at AWD because of the added complexity of the whole car. I'm not going to be doing hard launches on the street, and AWD would affect gas mileage quite a bit. Plus, that gets more involved with the chassis than I want to get.

I was thinking of going with Eclipse ecu and tcus with a piggy backs so that all the stock stuff works. With all the stock stuff in the stock places it seems like this would be an easier route. Which standalone were you thinking of and what would the advantages be besides the endless customization?

Coil on plug does sound like a good idea for ignition. I know msd also makes some upgrade products for this area.

Would I really need 3.5" exhaust all the way back? I was thinking to get a good Eclipse GS-T system like one from Thermal Research and then do the slight mod necessary to have it bolt up to the stock hanger points.

I may change the wheels. Right now it has some cheapy Wheelmax 10-spoke ones. I like the look, but I would be going to 5 lug vs 4, so I'd have to change them anyways. If I could find something similar, that's the route I'd go.

Upgraded brakes are already on the front--Baer 2-piston 13". I'll order the standard 5 lug rotor instead of the custom 4 lug ones I get now and it should work on the new setup. For the rears, I'll do the rear conversion and then either get the AEM caliper spacer upgrade or see what Baer can make for a kit. Although I doubt Baer will be able to do too much at a reasonable price since the existing parking brake will require a custom rotor.

Thank you for the offer on the work, but that's a lot of responsibility for one person. I'd hate for something to happen to you (God forbid) and then you couldn't complete the project. I'd just be out a lot of money. At least if it's a large, reputable company, there's a lot more security in knowing they're still here to do good work even if people come and go.

SamirDarji
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'>or take one of AUDI's lemans cars and airbrush a 7g galant on it.</div>LOL!

SamirDarji
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChikagoGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Even though money is no option, I'd say buy yourself a 6g and get it done up by the boys at AMS...they should be able to get you 500whp easy enough, and they are sleepers if you dont do any body kits/rims and debadge or put ES badging on it...plus add phantom black painted intercooler and 16x9 wheels and an exhaust bypass butterfly valve </div>vr4s are everywhere. And while they are a nice car to have and on my car wish list, I don't have one of those to play with right now. Besides, there'll be nothing like this 7th gen anywhere.

SamirDarji
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Asmodeus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Magnus.
    Just call them up and order away.
    Those guys seriously know what they are doing.
    AMS as well. Â*Snagging up a vr4 and dropping it off with a blank check sounds like a great idea too.

I've seen 4 Sbr specials pop in under 5K in the last 6 months.
    They are great for some things.
    Not who I would have building your engine however.
    And I like SBR. Â*
    They're 35 min away and we now supply and 3rd party thru them.
    Great guys but... I'm an enthusiast first, business second.

semi related, we just opened our account with magnus.
    Guess whats going on MY car. Â*
    Â*

ya dig?</div>I'll have to look into Magnus again. I wasn't too impressed the first time I tried to contact them.

SamirDarji
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>hell if you got the money, i still say import a 7g VR4, and go from there.</div>But how far could I go? Not 500hp without doing internals. Then I might as well work on what I have.

Having a fast car isn't the point. I already have a 2000 Corvette that does 6.8s in the 8th and puts down over 500whp. I want my daily driver to have some capability and still be a good daily driver.

SamirDarji
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>well i guess that's where the beauty of being the person to forge the frontier. Â*I'm sure just like the 4g64 and 4g63 there are interchangeable parts from other dsm v6's. Â*We don't know cause we don't have one, but what about the 3000gt parts, it's v6tt, there may be enterchangeable parts from it. what about other v6 engines mitsu made for other makes. and remember "money is no object"</div>Some clarifications need to be made here. I'm not looking to forge a new frontier. I want to go down a proven path that most can't because of lack of funds. The slight twist on the path is the chassis is a Galant vs an Eclipse, which isn't a factor to any good company since they are so similar anyways.

Money isn't an object in terms of achieving this goal completely, but that doesn't mean there's money to throw away. I want to only spend what I have to, but I'm not going to cut corners either. 8)

Remember, a fool and his money are soon parted--and to save up as much cash as I have in my short lifetime, I can't be a fool.

SamirDarji
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joaltava)</div><div class='quotemain'>here you go man, this is the engine you want for your ride correct the 6a12tt for our 7g's. Â*
    Also the price is not that bad man, go for it before it dont last Â*

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Mitsubi...bayphotohosting

That engine looks clean</div>Wow, you're right that was a really good deal. Not the direction I'm looking to go, but a good deal nonetheless. 8)

SamirDarji
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperGALANT)</div><div class='quotemain'>ice.. i love your car</div>2nd that! :shock: That's one of the nicest 7th I've ever seen. Mad props. I don't know why, but I thought it was an 8th gen at first. :oops:

Galant98ES
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'>the only downside to a 2.1 is it doesn't make much power down low, and since it revs so high, you need a big turbo to make usable power in those area's.
    the critical thing is that you won't find many places to rev to 10,500 in the city.

i think the best street strip setup would be a 2.4 or 2.3 stroker.
    with that said, 2.4's are cheaper.

with a modestly built 2.4 you can make an easy 375-400hp. with some stronger internals, a big turbo, some nice flow work in the head. and a solid tune, you can make well over 500hp. Â*you are never going to get close to these numbers on pump with any less displacement.

i would definatly find yourself a gsx parts car and do the awd swap. cause the power levels you are looking to make would be useless in a fwd.
    useless. at least on the street, Â*
    and after a certain point, more hp isn't going to help your drag times at all.

definatly go straight to standalone. Â*that will make your wiring not such a hassle. and you won't be limited to aem. you can run pretty much any system you want when there are no wiring contraints.
    Â*
    suspension upgrades are going to be key. Â*prothanes, sway bars, a set of dampers. Â*and definatly a modest cage to stiffen the body.

who to get a motor from?

if money is no object.
    there is no substitute for magnus.
    and if you are going to build a 2.4, build a longrod 2.4. they can take a ton more abuse and with the offset wristpins, they will resist predetonation much better.

magnus also builds one sick dogbox.
    so get a magnus crate motor w/ awd dogbox. Magnus sheet metal intake manifold. 85mm accufab throttle body, 3" charge pipes.

fuel system? -8 an feed from your fuel cell. Â*bored out fuel rail, -6 an to the regulator, then -6 back to the tank.
    pte 1000cc injectors. Â*big boy walbo inline pump. Â*

with most aftermarket ems's you can run independant coils. Â*do a true non wastespark coil on plug with a set of motec coils.

get a manifold with a t3 inlet. Â*then run 3.5" all the way back. with a few long resonators for the street.

definatly get some light weight wheels. probably 16 x 8

need some upgraded brakes. since you will be doing the awd swap you will have 5 lug wheels so you will have a world of options as far as upgraded rotors. stainless steel lines and motul fluids.

i'm sure i could go on and on all day.

you want cheap labor? Â*
    buy the parts and pay me to do it.
    i'll turn every screw. involved with everything above.
    wiring, psh. i know the 7 g wiring harness like the back of my hand.</div>

Great post. It should be archived. 8)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>with a modestly built 2.4 you can make an easy 375-400hp. with some stronger internals, a big turbo, some nice flow work in the head. and a solid tune, you can make well over 500hp. Â*you are never going to get close to these numbers on pump with any less displacement.
    </div>

This kind of power wouldn't be achievable with a SOHC, right?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galant98ES)</div><div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>with a modestly built 2.4 you can make an easy 375-400hp. with some stronger internals, a big turbo, some nice flow work in the head. and a solid tune, you can make well over 500hp. Â*you are never going to get close to these numbers on pump with any less displacement.
    </div>

This kind of power wouldn't be achievable with a SOHC, right?</div>
    with the amount of labor, research, and funding that would go into a project that makes 500whp, It would be foolish to overlook the headswap, seeing as how the key to those numbers is strength and airflow. There really isn't a better bang for your buck mod to enhance airflow and volumetric effeciency than the headswap. especially since it opens your wallet to a world of aftermarket cams.

but to answer your question, 500whp sohc.... it could be done. but it wouldn't be a daily driver i'll tell you that.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

^ truth be told!
    life's a waste of time, time's a waste of life, So foget about life and get wasted all the time!

SamirDarji
    Looks like this project has gotten the first push that it needed to get started--my compression on cylinder #1 is now <25.

I hate to see this happen right now because right now I have no funding (bought two more cars). But the next step for this car is to begin this project. I won't be spending any more money to fix things that have gone wrong unless they can be used in the Ultimate G. Stay tuned. It may take a few years, but this will be happenning.

go awd get a wrecked 2g gsx.. thats what ima do.. yea its gonna take me along time but one day i will have an awd turbo 7g or maybe one day ill brake down and buy an evo.. but i will have an awd turbo mitsubishi.. and right now i LOVE my 7g.. slowly and surely i will have one bad ass ride

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast