The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The official 07 galant ralliart...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 40

The official 07 galant ralliart...

whaddya think?
    I dunno if it will sell, but good for mitsu for making it.

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/200...nt/pages/01.htm

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    what the hell???? Where's are some of the cues from the concept? I am not happy :evil:

what's up with the hood?
    Mike

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bglocc
    what's up with the hood?
    its stock.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Any word on the actual RSVP for this model? I mean, 31K for an extra 28 HP is not worth it in my opinion.

If i had a 9G i'd be looking at getting that grill...

This made me tingly...I would love my engine bay to look that clean.
    -Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    what's up with the hood?
    its stock.
    Why does it come up like that in the middle, for clearance?
    Mike

I like the part where it says the suspension was revised to handle the extra grunt..........OF 28 HORSEPOWER........WTF.
    Home sweet Home

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    what's up with the hood?
    its stock.
    Why does it come up like that in the middle, for clearance?
    Purely cosmetic...achives an Elephant Trunk look.
    -Pedro

not impressed at all, the concept looked much better, any word if it will be AWD, also, it just looks like they updated the grill/hood because the original front end was bad...overall, I'd say they had the opportunity to really make something great and missed the mark...again
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

is it 6 speed?

i'd rock one. knowing good and well all the engine bolt ons from the 4g would fit it.

any other colors?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCSTUNR
    is it 6 speed?

i'd rock one. knowing good and well all the engine bolt ons from the 4g would fit it.

any other colors?
    dont know about the colors, but no 6 speed.
    Hell, i didnt even think they were gonna make it, so kudos to them.

258 HP is quite a bit more than a sedan really needs, imho.
    Hell, Im pretty comfortable with the 4 cylinders 160, 'cause it will STILL do 90 all day long without a problem.
    the info I have says its only available with the 5 speed auto, which is fine, 'cause its one HELLUVA nice shifter. if you havent yet tried on in the new eclipse, you should. I frankly think that if I were to buy a new eclipse, the auto may get my nod (it is THAT nice).
    also, the ralliart has sirius radio with 6 month free subscription (finally), the rockford fosgate 650 watt system, a navigation system with 7 inch touch screen, and a bunch of cosmetic stuff.

i orignally didnt think much of the new galant, but it has REALLY grown on me. It drives so much nicer than any other galant.

cape97
    I'm gonna buy those bumpers!!! I love em!

the concept was soo much beter, the 18s are nice though, and im preety upset that they changed the bumbers in the front so i cant by the ralliart grill which is so much better than the ones that our cars come with now. gosh mitsu whats going on.....
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

GPTourer
    It looks to be 5 speed Sportronic only. FWD only. I think they are going to offer Sunset Pearlescent (the 4G Eclipses signature color) as an option. Eeek. Those wheels are from the Eclipse GT also, looks like the Sword silver finish that is on the Special Edition Eclipse GT.

I understand their budget concerns, but I think it dips a little too heavily into the current parts bin. Some different rims and a new hood would have set it off proper. I like the way the Austrialian 380 looks a whole lot better. But like the freshened Endeavor they used the current hood that cascades down into the old center nosepiece and just blacked it out. Sigh.

Concept was much better looking..

"The tuner version gets an enhanced 3.8-liter V6 that makes 258 hp, 28 more than the regular Galant GTS. "

Yuck.

Check into a G35 Sedan.. 6 speed MT, 298HP, prolly costs less, they also make an AWD model too. I saw some when I picked up my ride.
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

completely agree with you there Chrome the only thing is that the G35 may be a little more (maybe)...you can get a maxima for less with more standard horsepower...(torque though Mitsu may have the edge)...but then if you're willing to spend 30k on a car that will likely depreciate like no bodies business with iffy at best styling...buy it...

I'll take a maxima, g35 sedan, Altima SE-R, even an older E39 BMW before that at that price...not that these won't depreciate but no where near as fast as the Galant...
    -K. West

Test-drive, then criticize

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jusmills)</div><div class='quotemain'>completely agree with you there Chrome the only thing is that the G35 may be a little more (maybe)...you can get a maxima for less with more standard horsepower...(torque though Mitsu may have the edge)...but then if you're willing to spend 30k on a car that will likely depreciate like no bodies business with iffy at best styling...buy it...

I'll take a maxima, g35 sedan, Altima SE-R, even an older E39 BMW before that at that price...not that these won't depreciate but no where near as fast as the Galant...</div>

The subjevtivity of styling aside, the RalliArt is very close in performance to the Maxima and SE-R (to be verified by road-tests).

RalliArt pricing has yet to be announced, but is expected to be near Maxima SE-R levels (about $29,500). For comparison, SE-R is $29,650, Maxima (base) is $27,900 and the G35 (base) $31,200.

Maxima and Altima SE-R (2006 MY) have 7 and 2 hp more respectively but at higher rpms. Both make less torque, though the SE-R reaches max torque earlier. The RalliArt does make 220Lbs/ft of torque at 2,000rpm, but weights about 300lbs more than the Maxima and 350lbs more than the SE-R, which will affect handling. However, a good suspension set-up can help mitigate this.

Opinions and styling aside, a test-drive (once the car is avaiable) would validate or possibly deny the hollow critisisms being thrown around.
    Mitsubishi Sapporo Turbo, the first, the best and the most beautiful car I've ever owned.

GPTourer
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jusmills)</div><div class='quotemain'>completely agree with you there Chrome the only thing is that the G35 may be a little more (maybe)...you can get a maxima for less with more standard horsepower</div>

But a G35 is RWD and the Galant, Maxima and Altima are not. That is all the difference in the world for most enthusiast drivers. I think Mitsubishi has done a good job in making the Eclipse a good handler, and I hope that can be transferred to the Galant.

Our car will probably have to beat the Altima SE-R, Subaru Legacy, Mazdaspeed 6 by a considerable margin to even get a decent, non heavy handed review.

evo--point well taken...I should have stated that my post was only my opinion...everyone should take that for what its worth. I, however, would still be very concerned with how fast mitsubishi cars depreciate, with the exception of the evo 8/9 (if you planned on buying and keeping it).
    -K. West

Depreciation

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jusmills)</div><div class='quotemain'>evo--point well taken...I should have stated that my post was only my opinion...everyone should take that for what its worth. Â*I, however, would still be very concerned with how fast mitsubishi cars depreciate, with the exception of the evo 8/9 (if you planned on buying and keeping it).</div>
    Certainly true, Mitsubishi's do depreciate faster. However, maybe not quite as badly as you may think. Take a 2004 Galant GTS vs a 2004 Altima SE both similarily equipped and the difference comes to less than $800.

(used edmunds.com with 30,000 miles and zip of 85296, matching equipment levels as closely as possible, private party price)
    Mitsubishi Sapporo Turbo, the first, the best and the most beautiful car I've ever owned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast