The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The official 07 galant ralliart...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 40 of 40
    GPTourer
    Resale values are starting to come up. All the current models do good. It will take a long time to erase the stigma, but it is happening.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GPTourer)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jusmills)</div><div class='quotemain'>completely agree with you there Chrome the only thing is that the G35 may be a little more (maybe)...you can get a maxima for less with more standard horsepower</div>

But a G35 is RWD and the Galant, Maxima and Altima are not. That is all the difference in the world for most enthusiast drivers. I think Mitsubishi has done a good job in making the Eclipse a good handler, and I hope that can be transferred to the Galant.

Our car will probably have to beat the Altima SE-R, Subaru Legacy, Mazdaspeed 6 by a considerable margin to even get a decent, non heavy handed review.</div>

There is also a G35X - The AWD sedan..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Grey ralliart by me!

Xska55
    Mitsu is a joke, I cant believe I actually own one. Thats nothing like the prototype, and the prototype wasnt even that outrageuos on the exterior to begin with. I was looking forward to the sport suspension, Recaro's, Brembo's, 6speed tranny that to me is a car worthy to where the Ralliart label from the factory.
    I dont know msrp is on that pos but it better not be no $30,000. For that Ill buy a either a nice used Evo, Used G35, brand new SE-R, Audi A4, or 2 Type R's, get my drift? Better yet you can make your own Ralliart for the fraction of the price, just buy a GTS and get a set of 18" 4g Eclipse wheels on there and BAM Ralliart!

black pearl!

BLue by who!

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vbquad
    black pearl!
    This blue one looks really nice for the g.
    The grill reminds me somewhat of another car...kinda like a cadillac or something...

GPTourer
    Quote Originally Posted by Xska55
    I dont know msrp is on that pos but it better not be no $30,000. For that Ill buy a either a nice used Evo, Used G35, brand new SE-R, Audi A4, or 2 Type R's, get my drift? Better yet you can make your own Ralliart for the fraction of the price, just buy a GTS and get a set of 18" 4g Eclipse wheels on there and BAM Ralliart!
    What if it has the performance to back up its price? What if it will dick all over a SE-R, keep up with a G35, spank a Mazdaspeed 6 and sweat a BMW 330i?

If you put 18's on a GTS, you won't have the suspension upgrades the RalGal will have, because they are going to detune the '07 GTS to put space between the two and get rid of the LS model. Or they'll just start badging LS's as GTS whichever way you want to look at it. If you buy an older GTS, you won't get the nav, Sirius, new interior either.

I can understand being disapointed by the looks, believe me I am too, but let's wait until we see how the car performs before calling it a joke or POS

Xska55
    I can understand being disapointed by the looks, believe me I am too, but let's wait until we see how the car performs before calling it a joke or POS[/quote]

Lets see what happens when it comes out like you say

99% Of Concept Cars never look close to their Production Car Kin.

If the 9G Ralliart had a 6spd, Brembo Brakes, 19" Wheels, Recaro Seats, Twin Vented Hood, and anything else the concept had it would be priced out of its competive range. They would have to ask $40,000. And I think the only Mitsubishi people are or were willing to pay $40,000 for was the 3kgt VR4.

As for the production version its much more practical, and its able to be priced within its market, and not overshadow the Lancer Evolution (Which as you all should know) Mitsubishi doesn't want anything doing that. As a limited production model The 9G RalliArt Galant is a far leap forward for Mitsubishi. Congrats to Mitsubishi!

Just wait until the 2008 Ralliart 9G......

GPTourer
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    Just wait until the 2008 Ralliart 9G......
    Which is kind of sad really. Because if the '07 is a success, they'll probably take more of a risk and improve the car a good bit to try to capitilize on the market. Making those who were first feel cheated. Oh well, that's just the way it is.

Rising_Suns
    Random question: Anyone know where I can get that front grill badge, if at all?

TGC Regular
    its pretty nice looking..some more stats would have been nice by mitsubishi... Im guessing a high to mid 14?! Also , looks like a charger
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

I am kinda interested in seeing just how well this car will perform. It looks to be pretty heavy but I wonder how well they tuned the suspension to minimize things like body roll
    Ideally, I really believe that mitsu coulda made the car much closer to the concept for close to the current cost. Cosmetic changes alone don't push the price north of 40k...they made the evo which can give near supercar performance in acceleration and cornering for much less than 40k out the door. If they took the same approach to the galant...they could have done alot with it.

Imagine what you could do with an 9G ES + 10k, if the aftermarket parts were available...you could build a car that's just as good if not better with that money.
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

Rising_Suns
    In my opinion, I just don't picture the 9G as race car potential--not in the 1/4, nor autocross. It's a bit too heavy to be a real contender of both venues (unless it can see upwards of 300+ HP).

It's also FWD, which is another huge setback. My old 320 HP Eclipse GST had major issues at the track with traction, beause it was FWD.

Anyway, it may be fun for "spirited" driving, but I don't forsee any staggering numbers coming in on the skid pad, slalom, etc. A better suspension (like the Ralliart has) can only do so much.

What I love most about the 9G is its absolute comfort; I bought it for a commuter car, and that's exactly where it exells. The stiff chasis gives it a solid, smooth ride, yet you still feel connected to the ground. I was quite impressed when I first bought it, actually (btw, my previous two cars were an M3 and GST, both of which had stiff suspensions).

-Davide

TGC Regular
    Feaking mitsubishi never goes for the AWD setup in that car..why!

money..?
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan

money..?
    They had the 6G GSX and 6G VR4 Galants in the early 90s late 80s but were limited as any car of that nature is. Not to mention its expensive to add as an option especially considering that its a limited production model as is. Being AWD would add another $2-3000 to the price, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan

money..?
    cause when they DID sell AWD cars (and almost all of the cars they ever sold were available AWD), no one bought them.
    its pointless to sell something no one buys.

GPTourer
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...rticleId=115407

First reviews are starting to trickle in, and it seems it beat the SE-R. Just need a good comparo test to really put it in the limelight.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar

Stock
    0-60 --------6.5 sec
    1/4mile -----15s

I want one.

Love it
    but lower the price and better the grill.
    my 02
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12