The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2004 galant de 4 cylinder mivec bad gas milage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
    Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    mine actually got better after i switched to Shell. I used to get my gas at Sonoco but believe it or not, the car feels better with the shell gas in the car and im getting 300 miles in a tank in just city driving opposed to 200-250.

That's another thing, maybe yall are picking up some bad gas.... (don't take that out of context) If you can afford it, switch to premium for about a week and clear out a few tanks before attempting to switch back unscathed.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    yeah. I switched a few months ago and noticed the increased gas mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    yeah. I switched a few months ago and noticed the increased gas mileage.
    x3, switched from Valero to Chevron, mileage increased and my engine does not ping as much (a known TSB for pinging is out)

Quote Originally Posted by galant_got_speed
    am i the only one who thinks they should have turbocharged the 4 cylinders?
    no you're not the only one...

SOLD.

i got a little over 400 miles out of one tank all highway, so thats just over 25mpg...not bad i'd say. i haven't ever noticed bad gas milage with mine - it's always been good to me, and everyone that has driven it has commented on the good milage.

i'd say go with shell, they do advertise that their gas cleans your engine...and from the posts above me it's most likely true that the better name brand gas you get the better your car will run. i had a mirage back in the day and my ex filled it up with hess for about 2 or 3 tanks in a row and said that she thought the car was going to straight die it had no acceleration. hess is cheap...and a well known brand...but obviously not good for all the time.

SOLD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12