The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mitsubishi concept ct

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar

Mitsubishi concept ct

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/na...shi_concept_ct/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>CT stands for Compact Technology. This concept is a showcase for Mitsubishi's In-wheel Electric Vehicle (MIEV) hybrid powertrain, which employs an electric motor in each of the vehicle's four wheels, theoretically providing a more efficient means of packaging four-wheel drive. Mitsubishi currently is testing a Lancer Evolution sedan in Japan equipped with MIEV and hopes to integrate this technology into a hybrid production vehicle by 2010. Designed at Mitsubishi's California studio, the Concept-CT has a two-piece hatchback and scissor-style rear doors that access an innovatively packaged interior</div>

the motors are assisted by a 1.0 liter gasoline 3 cylinder engine that sends its 67 hp to the rear wheels and to the generator.

well heres mitsubishis hatch. more pictures in the link

theblackpearl
    reminds me of a mini cooper...

ghey

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    I can't say i like it...
    That rear door set up seems kind of uncomfortable.

I remember reading about that MIEV system back when all the Hibrid cars started coming out a few years ago...It's be interested to see what Mitsubishi can accomplish with it...it definately looks interesting...

When reading that i remembered this concept X evolution...

that quote said that Mitsu is testing in on an Evo...
    Well, this one comes with a 20" rim suspension...

I know this one comes with a 4 cylinder DOHC MIVEC, but i would not outrule the possibility that Mitsu could be building two prototypes at a time. I could see that MIEV System run with a 4 Cylinder.
    -Pedro

They'll fugg it up like the Ralliart 9G

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>They'll fugg it up like the Ralliart 9G</div>

thats right...

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(snowman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>They'll fugg it up like the Ralliart 9G</div>

thats right...</div>

what are you talking about? It's already ugly...
    -Pedro

galant_got_speed
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman
    They'll fugg it up like the Ralliart 9G

thats right...
    what are you talking about? It's already ugly...
    hahah i agree...

Looks like a screwed up PT Cruiser..what they hell is Mitsubishi thinking about?
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

I would get it, just to have the 2k a year tax break, ability to ride in the HOV lanes and to bypass the need to constantly stop at gas stations.. Ugly yea, its special.. get in flat black, tint the windows and keep it movin..

Looks like a screwed up PT Cruiser..what they hell is Mitsubishi thinking about?
    I think part of the problem is...they weren't thinking...

I would just say that hatchback sales in the US are really iffy...yeah it may seem like they sell alot but if you look at the percentage of hatchbacks sold to "regular" sedans/coupes, they'd see that this is a very bad market. In order to sell...the car has to look really good and have something that sets it apart from every other hatch for a price that would sway a would be buyer away from a regular coupe/sedan.

In other words, I don't see the point of Mitsu wasting the resources selling this car in the US (the car would probably sell in Japan and Europe though if the price is right), when they can improve on some of the cars that have missed the mark (like the 9G ralliart).
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West