The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dash lights and clock quit working

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    7gDE

Dash lights and clock quit working

The other day while I was trying to install and aftermarket stereo, and my clock quit working on me. The wiring harness from the car had two orange wires, one for illumination and one for dimmer, but on the stereo end there was only one. I just had the illumination wire hooked up and didn't do anything the the dimmer wire. The stereo wasn't working at all, and a guy I work with told me both the wires had to be hooked up. So i hooked them both up to the orange wire on the stereo, and now the lights for the gauges don't work. It's only the 4 gauge lights though, all the others work fine. I checked the fuses and changed the bulbs and they still don't work. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Oh, and the stereo still doesn't work, so I put the stock one back in and I'm going to Best Buy next week and letting them install it.

Proto
    go to best buy and get the plug and play harnesses. easiest way.

7gDE
    Would that work though? Right now I don't care about the stereo, I just want the get the gauge lights working again so I can see how fast I'm going at night.

Proto
    check fuses.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Proto
    check fuses.

COSIGN.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

you have not only blown the dash light fuse, but your taillight fuse as well.
    they're on the same fuse. under the hood.
    fix the short behind your radio first, then replace the fuse.