The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: offset on 17's for the 8G

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkylineG1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Before you do any aftermarket work on a warrantied car get a copy of the warranty and review it. Coworker of mine has a 2005 Mustang GT and all he did was add a Flowmaster exhaust setup and they voided his warranty. He had the entire system redone from the headers back, and the manager told him that if it had only been a cat-back system he wouldn't have voided it. Now he's driving a brand new car with no warranty.</div>

Only on the exhaust, if they won't warranty other parts that wear than he can sue them.

8G_GTZ
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkylineG1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Before you do any aftermarket work on a warrantied car get a copy of the warranty and review it. Coworker of mine has a 2005 Mustang GT and all he did was add a Flowmaster exhaust setup and they voided his warranty. He had the entire system redone from the headers back, and the manager told him that if it had only been a cat-back system he wouldn't have voided it. Now he's driving a brand new car with no warranty.</div>

Only on the exhaust, if they won't warranty other parts that wear than he can sue them.</div>

So, if they don't cover springs/struts, can I sue them?

Steve

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkylineG1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Before you do any aftermarket work on a warrantied car get a copy of the warranty and review it. Coworker of mine has a 2005 Mustang GT and all he did was add a Flowmaster exhaust setup and they voided his warranty. He had the entire system redone from the headers back, and the manager told him that if it had only been a cat-back system he wouldn't have voided it. Now he's driving a brand new car with no warranty.</div>

Only on the exhaust, if they won't warranty other parts that wear than he can sue them.</div>

I he is suing them because the work they had done had nothing to do with the exhaust. And then they had him pay $650 to do his 30K tune up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8G_GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>

So, if they don't cover springs/struts, can I sue them?

Steve</div>

I'll put it another way...

If you put aftermarket springs on your car and the MAF Sensor becomes faulty and needs to be replaced they can't void the warranty unless they can prove that your springs caused the damaged to your MAF Sensor, which is impossible.

I had aftermarket CAI, exhaust, wheels, tires, and my dealership NEVER mention anything about the parts being altered.

post some pics. after u get them.. wanna see how good of a copy are they of the ssr's..

Quote Originally Posted by neel9
    i say go with 17 by 7.5 and u can go with 35 offset.. front and rear i am not too sure.. are u lowered?
    huh? you will need fender flares and cut out fenders if you are goin' to run that offset and width.

here u go, the correct information:

17 x 7.5 +45mm 5x114.3 w/ 225/45r17 tires.

as far running wider rears, its gonna be tuff since the rear wheel well has less room than the front.

Quote Originally Posted by 8G_GTZ
    here's a photoshop I did with the TEIN and Rotas on:

Steve
    those look like 20's

8G_GTZ
    that's because it is slammed. I made them barely larger than the stock GTZ's.

Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12