The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post a pic as your car sits now....

Page 1421 of 1457 FirstFirst ... 4219211321137114111417141814191420142114221423142414251431 ... LastLast
Showing results 28,401 to 28,420 of 29136

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Not exactly right now right, but this morning before work

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the bumper ??

Post a pic as your car sits now....

Hydroplaned in the rainstorm during our hurricane this weekend. Front end went down and hit, resulting going underneath car that was hit. I think no frame damage. Just waiting for insurance person to come and tell me the bad news. Oh. Airbags didn't go off either.

Quote Originally Posted by o1naturalhigh View Post
    Hydroplaned in the rainstorm during our hurricane this weekend. Front end went down and hit, resulting going underneath car that was hit. I think no frame damage. Just waiting for insurance person to come and tell me the bad news. Oh. Airbags didn't go off either.

Are you lowered or just plain went under?

Hard to tell without seeing the engine bay, but that could be an easy fix, don't get discouraged. I had that happen before. I got away with a new radiator support, radiator, 1 fan, ac rad, heads and grill, granted my hood didn't look that bad. I went to the yard on one of those half off holidays, and drilled off the radiator support from a car. (Only spotwelded on there, takes a lot of time, but not hard to do) than took the thing to a body shop and had them take off the old one and weld on the "new" one, and paint it. Cost me $500 and it included the relocation of my lower radiator brackets too, bc I upgraded to an EVO V rad at the same time.

If it comes to it I have some extra parts: heads, ac rad, fans, just let me know. I wish you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatfresh_kid View Post
    But the bumper ??
    That is how it goes down when you go under the car in front of you. Pretty much what you can expect also when you are lowered, my Kouki bumper survived the accident on my '01 the same way. My '02 the same thing.

Lowered.

It sucks. Cuz I had a couple things left to fix on the truck I use for work, then once that was complete, I was gonna start working on this. But then that happened.

Thank for the offer. I'll see what's up. Glad one of my buddies has a welder.

Lowered.

It sucks. Cuz I had a couple things left to fix on the truck I use for work, then once that was complete, I was gonna start working on this. But then that happened.

Thank for the offer. I'll see what's up. Glad one of my buddies has a welder.
    Dude that blows, let me check if I still have my old bumper and headlights. U can have it, it's a 8gb bumper though. Let me see if it's still there
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Sorry to see your car down like that, kinda shocking the air bags didn't go off. When I totaled my 240, my hood buckled like that and my bag went off. Then again my front bumper was split and my drivers fender peeled back.

That dust stuff it puts out is hell anyway and the smell too. So if you plan on fixing it good thing you dont have to deal with it. My insurance let me get a few things off my car some days after and I still smelled it.

The exact same thing happened to me months ago. Front end met F150 tow hitch. No frame damage either, had to get a new radiator tho.

Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

^The car is lookin' good Jigz!

Here's the daily with it's makeover. 5-speed swapped it last Saturday, installed coilovers and new wheels. Ready to substitute for the Galant at Powercruise this upcoming weekend!

A surprise appearance by my Endeavor
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Experienced TGC Member
    ^ Nice looking eclipse.

Is there any way to remove the weird Pontiac-style ridges in the door skin?

Just a really quick edit to the photo...and it makes it so much better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    ^ Nice looking eclipse.
    Thanks coconut!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    Is there any way to remove the weird Pontiac-style ridges in the door skin?

Just a really quick edit to the photo...and it makes it so much better IMO.
    Damn that's a good lookin' edit!

And there is a way. It's not too complicated, but a matter of finding Stratus coupe doors in good condition. The only thing I don't like about the Stratus doors is that they have a horizontal trim piece that runs mid-height, and I'm not sure what the consequences of removing it are.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post

And there is a way. It's not too complicated, but a matter of finding Stratus coupe doors in good condition.
    Beat me to it...

But I feel the car looks much better without the lines as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Dw@r!k@
    Dw@r!k@

I agree with Blue8g as well, looks clean without the lines. Still is a fantastic looking Eclipse, the wheels look good!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Thanks coconut!

Damn that's a good lookin' edit!

And there is a way. It's not too complicated, but a matter of finding Stratus coupe doors in good condition. The only thing I don't like about the Stratus doors is that they have a horizontal trim piece that runs mid-height, and I'm not sure what the consequences of removing it are.
    Thanks man!

and interesting. Just a thought I had, and wish Mitsubishi had done from the factory haha...I hope you are given some free doors!

Page 1421 of 1457 FirstFirst ... 4219211321137114111417141814191420142114221423142414251431 ... LastLast