The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post a pic as your car sits now....

Page 21 of 1457 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531711215211021 ... LastLast
Showing results 401 to 420 of 29136
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaintu
    matt did they paint your door jambs also?

You need to reblack your fender wells also... they look whitewashed...

Other than that your car is the hottness....

yes, they did the door jambs and the trunk ect. They took the whole car apart to paint it. I will do that with the fender wells, I noticed that when I took the pics. Thanks.
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member
    temporary black housing headlights 8)

I brought a digital camera at work last night and guess what my first pic was then the battery when low :cry:

Experienced TGC Member
    I finished my IC plumbing.

I like how you came across the top of the ic with the pipe

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Wanted more HP, i think this shoul give me bout 20??right?

sike....systems out the car, getting trunk fiberglassed, so decided the clean all those video wires from pass side..
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'>I finished my IC plumbing. Â*

</div>

Damn bro. Looks like some super clean work. Job well done. You going to polish or coat the piping at all?
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Dang man, lots of sharp 90* bends. Not wanting to relocate the battery to the trunk so you can get some nice long bends?

Shouldnt be a huge difference, work looks good. Dont forget to invest in some nice T-bolt clamps.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dang man, lots of sharp 90* bends. Â*Not wanting to relocate the battery to the trunk so you can get some nice long bends?

Shouldnt be a huge difference, work looks good. Â*Dont forget to invest in some nice T-bolt clamps. Â*</div>

i agree about all those sharp bends is i possible for you to fit a straight pipe like this
    it might not be cuz that looks like a pretty big turbo
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Jet your car is looking good. Need to forward me some instructions when you finish.

Phil

Back in the Family!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'>I finished my IC plumbing. Â*

</div>

DAMN you've been busy son.......wish i could have been there for the glorification
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mattalicslvr8g02)</div><div class='quotemain'>I like how you came across the top of the ic with the pipe</div>

Ya I had no room for the 2.5" piping.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SinSere)</div><div class='quotemain'>Damn bro. Looks like some super clean work. Job well done. You going to polish or coat the piping at all?</div>

Thanks a lot. I'm going to paint it black with some sort of antirust paint. Then I'm going to wrap it all with black heatwrap. If possible I'll try to use some braided hose to make it look as stock as possible.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dang man, lots of sharp 90* bends. Â*Not wanting to relocate the battery to the trunk so you can get some nice long bends?

Shouldnt be a huge difference, work looks good. Â*Dont forget to invest in some nice T-bolt clamps. Â*</div>

Hahaha you got me. I really didn't want to relocate the battery just yet. Though I might do that after I finish everything. At the very least to offset any weight gain in the front. The turbo alone weights about as much as our battery.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dang man, lots of sharp 90* bends. Â*Not wanting to relocate the battery to the trunk so you can get some nice long bends?

i agree about all those sharp bends is i possible for you to fit a straight pipe like this
    it might not be cuz that looks like a pretty big turbo</div>

The problem with that method is that it will be in the way of the oil feed line. The white plastic you see is about as high as the line runs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Phil)</div><div class='quotemain'>Jet your car is looking good. Â*Need to forward me some instructions when you finish.

Phil</div>

No problem dude.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>DAMN you've been busy son.......wish i could have been there for the glorification</div>

The fun is still far from over. It seems that this project will never stop. After finishing the IC piping, I noticed that the wastegate wont fit anymore. Now I have to redo the wastegate section, as I'm totally unwilling to touch the IC piping.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Impressive Jet...the fabrication looks nice and clean. Less bends will be better but you can always redo the piping afterwards..the initial fab work is the hardest. You are a few steps ahead of me when it comes to welding...I just recently started to learn to weld and fabricate I/C piping.

Looks good man...look forward to your Galant running! 8)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Nice job with the IC piping!

Just a word of note - finish the 5 speed swap *before* putting the turbo piping on - I had to remove most of the piping to get at bolts and stuff. Plus, you will get a bit more room in there once the ginormous auto tranny is out of the way.

Post a pic as your car sits now....

Aight... here are my pics... just joined a few days ago...
    I know everyone is going to tell me to drop it... I plan on it at about 1.5"

I do have a question about a drop... those with a drop- what's the drive like while in NYC... I live here and would hate to waste money on costly repairs with all the damn potholes... I've already dented a rim, small dent but it still hurts.

Well let me know what you guys think.... all criticism is welcome...

G

The time to rest is after the summit is climbed-

ipaintu
    nice car. I also had a set of blacked out heads, I still have them may put them back for alittle.

Nice looking g, clearing the corners and paint the headlights black is not a bad idea.

Re: Post a pic as your car sits now....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Urseccesor)</div><div class='quotemain'>Aight... here are my pics... just joined a few days ago... Â*
    I know everyone is going to tell me to drop it... I plan on it at about 1.5"

I do have a question about a drop... those with a drop- what's the drive like while in NYC... I live here and would hate to waste money on costly repairs with all the damn potholes... I've already dented a rim, small dent but it still hurts.

Well let me know what you guys think.... all criticism is welcome... Â*

G

</div>
    nice g where do you live in ny ?

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Post a pic as your car sits now....

thanks for the compliments... I've been considering adding the black heads and clearing the corners but not yet decided.
    I'm the city & in SI just about every other weekend.
    The time to rest is after the summit is climbed-

doesnt he already have black housing heads??? or do you mean black headlight covers?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Page 21 of 1457 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531711215211021 ... LastLast