The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post a pic as your car sits now....

Page 406 of 1457 FirstFirst ... 3063563964024034044054064074084094104164565069061406 ... LastLast
Showing results 8,101 to 8,120 of 29136
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Some pix before i took the wheels off for the winter.. can't wait til i live in Charlotte so i can roll with my wheels all year

A video, not a picture. Nevermind the audio, for some reason it never transfers to photobucket that well. I guarentee they don't sound like that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    A video, not a picture. Nevermind the audio, for some reason it never transfers to photobucket that well. I guarentee they don't sound like that.
    Very nice, I'd love power folding mirrors, but the JDM ones look so big compared to USDM, I'm on the fence whether I wanna get those or try something from another car.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Very nice, I'd love power folding mirrors, but the JDM ones look so big compared to USDM, I'm on the fence whether I wanna get those or try something from another car.
    They are actually smaller than the USDM side mirrors. But yes, they are really nice. Just make sure when you do it you have a working soldering iron. My cordless butane soldering iron is a POS. But I still got them in.

Really, they seem to stick out a lot more than USDM, maybe it's just a figment of my imagination, I'll have to see them on a car in person to decide, either way, nice work, I'm jealous.

around corner from my job about 5:45 this evening. Came from a stop at stop sign and made right turn. Heard a bang and then car was scraping. Got out and looked and this is what I saw

thought Axle popped out. Which it did. Also lower control arm snapped. Had car towed to my dad's mechanic and now I am rocking my sisters X5
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Holy shit dude, that's crazy, good thing you weren't on the freeway going 60-70 when that happened. Why are you driving your sister's car, can't you drive the 8G?

wow jay thats crazy! X5 must be fun to drive =)
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Dave, the mirrors look awesome. did you get the right glass for it yet?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Holy shit dude, that's crazy, good thing you weren't on the freeway going 60-70 when that happened. Why are you driving your sister's car, can't you drive the 8G?
    yeah seriously, I was maybe 5 minutes off the highway I was on. Can't drive the 8G, cause people that park in the parking lot at my job are douchebags, also I doubt I would be able to clear the speedbumps
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    wow jay thats crazy! X5 must be fun to drive =)
    didnt get to play much. Had to get to work. I'll play more in the AM LOL

2001 Galant ES

holy shit!!! man im glad that at least you were in the streets and not on the highway either. good luck on getting it fixed. it looked like what happened to my friend in a parking lot right after coming from the drag strip, except his strut bolts loosened and came out of the hub. he had like 40 degrees of camber. the sound was horrible.

my panda beast.

Arel, I never see your car clean in your pics. wash that bish dammit. lol
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

holy shat! that is gnarly as fawk.....wow as said above that would not have been good on the highway....go buy a lotto dude. thats pretty lucky
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    A few minor changes.... except for the shitty camera on my phone.
    looks real good man. now take some quality pics, it deserves it

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjaydeeone View Post
    around corner from my job about 5:45 this evening. Came from a stop at stop sign and made right turn. Heard a bang and then car was scraping. Got out and looked and this is what I saw

thought Axle popped out. Which it did. Also lower control arm snapped. Had car towed to my dad's mechanic and now I am rocking my sisters X5
    Sucks man, looks like the lower bal joint failed. Same thing hapenned to me. All I had to replace was the axle and the lower control arm + ball joint, and my fender. Lower ball joints in 7gs had a recall way back in the day because of this reason.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Sucks man, looks like the lower bal joint failed. Same thing hapenned to me. All I had to replace was the axle and the lower control arm + ball joint, and my fender. Lower ball joints in 7gs had a recall way back in the day because of this reason.
    ah so I might have to have that axle replaced as well? There is a dent in fender cause of it sitting on tire for a bit, but not really too concerned with that.

2001 Galant ES

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Well all it did to my axle was rip the boot. So minimum, might just have to replace one or both CV boots.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    i had the same thing happen to me back in 99, maybe had the car8 months. luckily i was in a parking lot at my job when it happened. Yeah, the lower ball joints suck on the 7g, all four of them. i replaced 3 of the 4 lower arms while i had the engine out. They really aren't all that expensive, but a pain to get off.

I later might try to find a suspension form another chassis to supplement into the 7g set up. i swear it seams that DSM / Mitsu's are like LEGO's, you can always get a part from one to fit on another

Experienced TGC Member
    durrr...
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    A few minor changes.... except for the shitty camera on my phone.
    that does look pretty sexy! get some clear shots a.s.a.p.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Page 406 of 1457 FirstFirst ... 3063563964024034044054064074084094104164565069061406 ... LastLast