The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post a pic as your car sits now....

Page 547 of 1457 FirstFirst ... 474474975375435445455465475485495505515575976471047 ... LastLast
Showing results 10,921 to 10,940 of 29136
    well, I really enjoy the fact that I don't have horrible brake fade like I did with the stock discs rear drums
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    well, I really enjoy the fact that I don't have horrible brake fade like I did with the stock discs rear drums
    you know whats crazy, i don't have any brake fade at all. not that I notice anyway. but then again i dont brake into a corner, I accelerate through it so I dont brake hard enough into it to feel the fade. normal driving doesnt have it though. I want to use 16's so I will probably do a home made bbk or if I win the lotto or get a big raise I'm gonna run AMS' 11" willwood BBK.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

see, I have problems with it cuz we go out on the backroads for a good 20-30 miles, averaging around 55, lots of short straights we get up to 80-90, and then brake for a 35 mph turn, and repeat it 30-40 times, pretty soon the stockers start to give out, plus with the SS lines I have on, the "feel" of the pedal is much more solid too. I've seen that AMS brake setup, it's although in your case I'm thinking 2 piston front calipers and some SS lines, rotors, pads and some motul fluid might do the trick
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

see, I have problems with it cuz we go out on the backroads for a good 20-30 miles, averaging around 55, lots of short straights we get up to 80-90, and then brake for a 35 mph turn, and repeat it 30-40 times, pretty soon the stockers start to give out, plus with the SS lines I have on, the "feel" of the pedal is much more solid too. I've seen that AMS brake setup, it's although in your case I'm thinking 2 piston front calipers and some SS lines, rotors, pads and some motul fluid might do the trick
    I'm probably gonna run that set-up at first, but once I make bigger power, i'm going to NEED those brakes. lol

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by phizzalot View Post
    I like it... what the color on top? purple/blue?
    its blue

Washed her today and put the liberal back on after I sanded and recleared it, lip is almost done, will post pics up soon

That grill doesnt flow with ur car at all

Nice big brakes man! I like the drop.
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

just an update. lowered another 1" front and 3/4" in the rear today. did some fender work on the rears...cut the lip off the fenders. trimmed the flares. still gotta work on the fronts. only minor rubbing in the front. Im gonna drop the rear another 1/4". still waiting on my gold lug nuts

Last edited by ASTIG; 04-28-2009 at 02:57 PM

GREEN is the new BLACK

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    cool beans!

Quote Originally Posted by ASTIG View Post
    just an update. lowered another 1" front and 3/4" in the rear today. did some fender work on the rears...cut the lip off the fenders. trimmed the flares. still gotta work on the fronts. only minor rubbing in the front. Im gonna drop the rear another 1/4". still waiting on my gold lug nuts

ASTIG!!!!!

lol.

anyways did you primer the back side of the fenders after you cut the lip off?

i havent rust-proofed it yet. but i will.

GREEN is the new BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by ASTIG View Post
    i havent rust-proofed it yet. but i will.
    well, let me know how that goes cuz im gonna do the same for my car.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    astig why u change wheeelss nooo

these are my summer wheels. I still got the other one set with my winter tires.

GREEN is the new BLACK

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    I Like this one better

Banned
    Oh crap... dude, you can't just cut the lip out of the rear. Did you cut out any spot welds? That's where the inner and outer quarter panel meet... I've had the part of my car torn apart before. Gotta have those welds or else they'll start to separate.

Drop is nice, though.

I'm in the business of torturing my Galant now... poor thing.

Owned. lol

My two babies. Chillin' out on this once beautiful now dark and gloomy day.

the Galants been in the garage since Thursday. She's awaiting to go under the knife in about two weeks. 5-speed swappage and fixing some body panels.
    a couple more

I love my daily driver, so comfortable. It has some balls too. I went to go pass some trucks today on the freeway and as soon as i down shifted and hit boost the speedo just climbed to a 100 mph no problem. still nothing like driving the Galant though. The Galants slower but the overall feel of the car is much better compared to the Tiguan.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    Oh crap... dude, you can't just cut the lip out of the rear. Did you cut out any spot welds? That's where the inner and outer quarter panel meet... I've had the part of my car torn apart before. Gotta have those welds or else they'll start to separate.

Drop is nice, though.

I'm in the business of torturing my Galant now... poor thing.

Owned. lol
    no worries...Im torturing my G just like you. I figure it's 10 years old this year and it's my beater. if and when it falls apart, I can get my new ride.

GREEN is the new BLACK

Nice rims Astig :D

My G? VR-4

.......on GTA IV
    Last edited by ShiZnitH; 04-28-2009 at 07:32 PM

Cool. Nice G on the game but I don't like the color.
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Page 547 of 1457 FirstFirst ... 474474975375435445455465475485495505515575976471047 ... LastLast