The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post a pic as your car sits now....

Page 556 of 1457 FirstFirst ... 564565065465525535545555565575585595605666066561056 ... LastLast
Showing results 11,101 to 11,120 of 29136
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    Except... your car isn't slammed.

Once again, you fail at being relevant. I enjoy not ripping off my intercooler every time I go to the car wash (yeah, it's happened), among other things ripping off.
    No, the car isn't slammed, I have quite a bit more adjustment if I'd wanted to. That wasn't my goal, but neither is practicality. Other than that, it still reasons that 500hp isn't practical.

i dont see how anyone could scrape anything lowered on teins, ive been on the shittiest of shit roads and dont scrape anything. maybe because the VRG bumper is so close to the front wheels. my old bumper has scuffs on the bottom but this one never hits
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

All of you need to start a goddamn "Post a pic as your car sits now discussion" thread.

LESS TALKING, MORE PICS!

Yesterday was the local MN club's dyno day. In the pics you will see my car, an Omni (which put down 112hp on a very stingy dyno), my buddy Mark's Mirage-Evo III conversion, a Viper, some Subis and a few DSMs.

My friends Peter and Chris during the Pull-off Challenge.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    No, the car isn't slammed, I have quite a bit more adjustment if I'd wanted to. That wasn't my goal, but neither is practicality. Other than that, it still reasons that 500hp isn't practical.
    Wasn't talking to you... hence the latter quote.

And BTW, ever driven a car with a big turbo before? It's more than practical if you keep it under boost threshold. Actually my Galant is more timid than my Evo until 4000 RPM rolls around.

Wasn't talking to you... hence the latter quote.

If you're talking about my car, actually, I am as slammed as my Teins are going to get. Ask anyone who's seen my car in person. It is LOW. I have ONE thread left on the perch. If that.

It doesnt look slammed cuz of the 15's. If I set the ride height as low as it is now when I had the 17's those 17's would be in the fender. and the car would probably be a little higher than it is.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Banned
    Overall wheel/tire diameter does not, or at least should not change, when you up wheel size. Why does everybody think otherwise?

I want to see more pics! damn it. The weather is so much nicer. Lets get some DSLR car pics.

Overall wheel/tire diameter does not, or at least should not change, when you up wheel size. Why does everybody think otherwise?

well, mine actually did cuz I didn't just up wheel size I also had bigger tires overall. I had 235/45/17's so yeah they were bigger not a lot but they were. my speedo was off like 1 mph.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

with more rubber your car sits lower as the rubber sags. low profile tires are stiffer and don't sag. when i had my steelies on i wouldn't clear alot of stuff i can with my 17's

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    with more rubber your car sits lower as the rubber sags. low profile tires are stiffer and don't sag. when i had my steelies on i wouldn't clear alot of stuff i can with my 17's
    Then you changed the overall OD of the tire. Tires do not "sag" as you describe. They're specifically designed not to. What tires do under static load probably can't even be noticed with the human eye, unless they're under inflated. Lower profile tires may or may not have stiffer sidewalls. If they do, that only translates to increased stability when the car is moving. It doesn't mean the tire squishes less when the car is just sitting there.

The reason the stance changes, more often than not, is that you ARE changing overall tire diameter and not realizing it.

Finally got all my stuff back together for the season and added some new styling...It'll be fun for the next month or so before Im back outta the country!

Winter wasn't so great. Got a small wrap around scrape on the left side of the bumper, and a pushed in corner on the right side. Popped it out, but that plastic/paint is officially warped. Owell, it'll just have to wait for a paint job.

Jon, you better lock that bitch up while you're in Brazil.

Cuz I will jack it if you don't.

lol jk bro.

Car looks fuckin' awesome.

Car looks great, Jon! Where did you get your diffuser from? How is the fitment?

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post

Car looks great, Jon! Where did you get your diffuser from? How is the fitment?
    Back on topic....
    Thanks Pete, I got it off ebay. It's real cheap but pretty durable. I had to trim up the edges a little bit, and it tapers in a couple centimeters near the front. Not a PERFECT fitment, but pretty damn good I think.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    summer wax

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    sexy, what HID are those?

Proto
    More pictures, less talk. Nuff said.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    sexy, what HID are those?
    philips 85122+ d2s ,potted toyota ballast,Tsx projectors..

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    they look real good!

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    philips 85122+ d2s ,potted toyota ballast,Tsx projectors..
    he did it the right way... PNP FTL
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Page 556 of 1457 FirstFirst ... 564565065465525535545555565575585595605666066561056 ... LastLast