The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exhaust too loud

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Exhaust too loud

Hey all,

I have CMF headers on my V6, and I just got the Dynomax Catback for the stratus coupe, that works for our cars.

Anyway to make a long story short my problem is it is too loud. I got everything on there, and I think no leaks. The idle sounds nice and deep but when i get on it it gets very loud very quick. Is there a silencer I can get put on it at a muffler shop, or something like that. I want to keep it high flowing but just a tad quieter. Or do I need to slap a different muffler on there.

it bolted up pretty trouble free, minus getting the rusted ass bolts off. Any ideas would be welcome.

yea, go to an exhaust shop and tell them you want to put a resonator on there. the longer the rsonator, the quieter things will get

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Aight thanks, should I make the inner diamater of the resonator to match the diameter of the exhaust, or does that not matter.

if you're gonna buy the resonator yourself then you need to measure. if you're gonna use the resonator they have, then let them do all the work. no need to get dirty crawling around on the ground if you don't have to

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Haha I forgot to tighten the 2 bolts coming off the down pipe and meeting the dynomax piping. It sounded very deep, and very loud + badass while it lasted. I took it too meinekee, and he was all like, hey your bolts are very loose, you're practically running straight headers. He was cool and tightened the one and threw in a missing second bolt for free.

I may get a resonator thrown in there anyway. It has a little rasp to it yet.

Haha I suck

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Resonators help the rapyness. Get one long resonaor installed after the cat. My car is just running a 3" turbo back exhaust with just a resonator and no muffler. Sounds good to me, not very loud at all either.
    7g for life!