The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 40hp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 47

40hp

OK, ive used the search but cannot really find anything specific.

I want to get 40 more hp out of my car. what is the cheapest route to do this w/o forced induction and w/o nos?

since you have an i4, i say without nos and f/i, i'd go with, trade the car in for a v6.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>since you have an i4, i say without nos and f/i, i'd go with, trade the car in for a v6.</div>

ROFLMAO

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
    -Pedro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>since you have an i4, i say without nos and f/i, i'd go with, trade the car in for a v6.</div>
    Is there anything else? I can't trade in the car, engine swap, use f/i, or use nos.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    basically no, because the way to get there is more expensive than Nitrous so.. I'm guessing $ is the issue

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you could get 40hp if you tried to build the motor up for some serious n/a power: cams, exhaust, headers, headwork, more shit. it would cost a lot, and would be infinitely cheaper and easier to throw on a nitrous kit.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

its not so much the money...

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    The truth is that 40 extra HP is very ambitious.

you could go for full intake and exaust upgrades with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, upgrade pistons, ignition wires, plugs, coil packs, 5 speed trany swap and throw in a couple of stikers but you'd still be a couple of HP shy...

But those things i just mentioned will cost you A LOT. in the thousands to be clearer.
    -Pedro

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>you could get 40hp if you tried to build the motor up for some serious n/a power: cams, exhaust, headers, headwork, more shit. it would cost a lot, and would be infinitely cheaper and easier to throw on a nitrous kit.</div>

I was thinking of turbo as seen in my other thread..but i got a quote for 5 grand and said F YOUUUU...so im just gunna do a NOS kit...is it somewhat easy to install? id like to do it myself and get a nice kit for like 500 bucks...heluva lot cheaper than 5 grand...

TGC Regular

lmao.
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

Keep reading
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>you could get 40hp if you tried to build the motor up for some serious n/a power: cams, exhaust, headers, headwork, more shit. it would cost a lot, and would be infinitely cheaper and easier to throw on a nitrous kit.</div>

I was thinking of turbo as seen in my other thread..but i got a quote for 5 grand and said F YOUUUU...so im just gunna do a NOS kit...is it somewhat easy to install? id like to do it myself and get a nice kit for like 500 bucks...heluva lot cheaper than 5 grand...</div>

easy to install.....easy to use assuming you know what you're doing.....easy to refill the bottle too there's a reason why the turbo costs so much more, all the pros of nitrous with almost no disadvantage

1994 Galant GS 5spd

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>you could get 40hp if you tried to build the motor up for some serious n/a power: cams, exhaust, headers, headwork, more shit. it would cost a lot, and would be infinitely cheaper and easier to throw on a nitrous kit.</div>

I was thinking of turbo as seen in my other thread..but i got a quote for 5 grand and said F YOUUUU...so im just gunna do a NOS kit...is it somewhat easy to install? id like to do it myself and get a nice kit for like 500 bucks...heluva lot cheaper than 5 grand...</div>

easy to install.....easy to use assuming you know what you're doing.....easy to refill the bottle too there's a reason why the turbo costs so much more, all the pros of nitrous with almost no disadvantage</div>

yah i dont need to be getting 15 MPG ALL the time, i just want some power for when i fuck around with some friends or just wanna piss someone off...what would you recommend for a NOS kit?

Sorry for jacking this thread btw..i am evil i know! :evil:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Sorry for jacking this thread btw..i am evil i know! Â*:evil:</div>

then to end this tangent quickly: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=36312

and you get the same mileage before and after a turbo as long as your pedal isn't hitting the floor.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    15mpg? I get 20-25mpg. If you dont boost, its just like driving an NA car. Only time gas mileage is affected is when you boost. Same with Nitrous, but you would only have to do a pull at half throttle in a boosted car to get the same results your NA car gets at WOT haha.

Turbo > Nitrous hands down, end of conversation. kthxbye.
    7g for life!

You can get one of those ebay superchargers....
    Love,
    Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>You can get one of those ebay superchargers.... </div>
    the extreme uber 1337 electric power 0.32 psi for a whopping .7hp increase over stock.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bebopin64)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>You can get one of those ebay superchargers.... </div>
    the extreme uber 1337 electric power 0.32 psi for a whopping .7hp increase over stock.</div>
    <span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>BE CAREFUL!!!</span> Those ebay superchargers have too much power!!! The bottom end of our cars can't take it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkylineG1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bebopin64)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>You can get one of those ebay superchargers.... </div>
    the extreme uber 1337 electric power 0.32 psi for a whopping .7hp increase over stock.</div>
    <span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>BE CAREFUL!!!</span> Those ebay superchargers have too much power!!! The bottom end of our cars can't take it.</div>
    Thats whats worrying me.

on another note, I was thinking about building my own electric supercharger. not some crappy ebay one but using my extreme knowledge of electric motors make a powerful one. I could have a li-po batter power a giant brushless motor which could do a bit of compressing. I know of this one $500 electric motor that produces 5.5hp. that could compress something. then I could hook a charger up to my alternator and switch out batteries as needed. I might buy an ebay supercharger so i can experiment with this. If i can make a $1000 electric supercharger with a solid 5-8 psi boost who would buy one?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Thomas Knight Supercharger

The only REAL electric supercharger. Good luck to you.
    7g for life!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast