The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Upgrading to GTS Headlights?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 44
    Rising_Suns
    Quote Originally Posted by 5280nineG
    Thanks! Do you know of anywhere online I could order it...I hate going to the dealership but I will if I have to.
    Hmmm, there used to be some dealerships selling the kit on ebay for about $100. I just did a search though and didn't come up with much.

You could just call up your local dealership and have them order it for you. I don't think it would be that much more expensive.

-Davide

Rising_Suns
    9G,
    Got a question for you.

I finally started working on the lights, and ran into some difficulty installing the GTS units. Since they are larger (deeper) than the stock headlights, they don't seem to want to slip in.

I was just curious how you went about it. Did you have to do some cutting, or did you take you bumper off first?

Thanks bro,

-Davide

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    remove the bumper. go around the bumper and there are like a million clips but there are only 3x 10mm bolts on each side on the bumper.

if you chose not to remove the bumper, just take all the clips off on the bumper from under the hood but it will be easier if you remove the bumper since this is your first install.

Rising_Suns
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G)</div><div class='quotemain'>remove the bumper. go around the bumper and there are like a million clips but there are only 3x 10mm bolts on each side on the bumper.

if you chose not to remove the bumper, just take all the clips off on the bumper from under the hood but it will be easier if you remove the bumper since this is your first install.</div>

9G,
    Can you tell me where the bolts are? I can't seem to find them. Pictures would help. : )

Thanks bro,

-Davide

bolts are on the sides of the car. one is closest to the front wheel well.
    remove as much plastic clips on the wheel well and kinda pull the plastic wheel well cover back so you can get access to the bolts.

The best way to get the bolts off is to get a screwdriver with a 10mm socket on it and remove it by puting your arm inside the bumper from the wheel well and start loosening the bolt.

the plastic clips has a screw in the middle and has a body. the best way to remove them is to use a flat head screw driver and pry the plastic screw off then pry the body.

so all you really need is a flat head screw driver and a 10mm socket with a ratchet and a screwdriver that you can put the socket in.

Rising_Suns
    Thanks 9G. You're the man.

I started up working on it again about two hours ago and things are going smoothly now. I didn't have to remove the bumper completely from the car, but just enough to be able to remove the old lights and slip the GTS lights in.

The rewire was easy enough; red power, black ground, and the other colored wire is for your high beams (which I can probably tap into in the future with a 9007 if I wanted to..you did this right 9G?).

Anyway, I'm about to hook up the relay now, which will disable my DRL's by using the parking lights as the switching source. So when I turn my parking lights on, my headlights will come on at the same time.

..will report back here later...

cool!

i removed the 9007 completely but i put in a 9006 harness just incase the hids dies so i can just plug in a normal 9006 bulb.

Rising_Suns
    Ok, I finally got around to taking a snap shot!

link doesn't work.

Rising_Suns
    Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    link doesn't work.
    Does it work now?

yeah. looks nice. btw, are those 17s or 18s?

Rising_Suns
    Vanity shots...

hey, hows the relection on the housing?

Mine was too bright so I painted mine flat black and now, no blinding anyone anymore.

Rising_Suns
    The "relection"? You mean, the reflection?

hehe yeshhh. reflection/glare.

Rising_Suns
    hehe yeshhh. reflection/glare.
    It's not too bad. It would be nice if the housing lens was glass instead of plastic though.

Once I get my HID's in tomorrow afternoon, I'll take some walls shots tomorrow night so we can see if there's any glare there.

-Davide

Rising_Suns
    Yep, there's some glare. The halogen projector didn't take to the HID bulb very well. It could be worse though.

Time for a retrofit?

yeah, i had that pattern before and i was sure people are not gonna like that so I opened mine up and painted it flat black. problem solved. The stock black chrome paint just destroys the point of the projectors.

Rising_Suns
    yeah, i had that pattern before and i was sure people are not gonna like that so I opened mine up and painted it flat black. problem solved. The stock black chrome paint just destroys the point of the projectors.
    I see. So the light is actually reflecting off of the shiny black housing, casuing that glare spot?

9G, could you take some pics of your beam pattern for me?

Thanks!

-Davide

there is still some glare but not blinding glare. I'll try to take pix tonight but my headlight alignment might be off alittle bit due from the accident.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast