The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cyber Type 2 Front Bumper Problem

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Cyber Type 2 Front Bumper Problem

I will try my best to describe the problem...how do you secure the front bumper so that there are no gaps underneath the headlights? The bumper seems to somewhat sag under the headlights, therefore leaving a gap underneath them. I have the bumper secure on the ends and in the middle near the radiator(uses the same bolt that the headlight attaches to). How do i secure the sections under the headlights, i can't drill the bumper into this area, that would be straight into the headlight housing! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry to sound so confusing!

i dont have a cyber kit but i read about this before. JDM galants have bigger headlights and the bumper you are using is for a JDM galant thats why there are gaps under the headlights.. There is no way you can get rid of the gaps unless you buy JDM headlights.. i hope it solves your problem...

hmm...yeah that makes sense. well, i guess im stuck with the gaps for now :cry:

popzz
    I´m from Sweden, I guess we have the JDM Galant. I had the gaps under the headlights to on my erebuni kit to. weird ey?

Re: Cyber Type 2 Front Bumper Problem

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2kgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I will try my best to describe the problem...how do you secure the front bumper so that there are no gaps underneath the headlights? Â*The bumper seems to somewhat sag under the headlights, therefore leaving a gap underneath them. Â*I have the bumper secure on the ends and in the middle near the radiator(uses the same bolt that the headlight attaches to). Â*How do i secure the sections under the headlights, i can't drill the bumper into this area, that would be straight into the headlight housing! Â*Any help would be greatly appreciated. Â*Sorry to sound so confusing!</div>take off the bump and add some fiberglass bondo.. sand etc...then presto your gaps are filled!

popzz
    Thats what I did anyways

Re: Cyber Type 2 Front Bumper Problem

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2kgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I will try my best to describe the problem...how do you secure the front bumper so that there are no gaps underneath the headlights? Â*The bumper seems to somewhat sag under the headlights, therefore leaving a gap underneath them. Â*I have the bumper secure on the ends and in the middle near the radiator(uses the same bolt that the headlight attaches to). Â*How do i secure the sections under the headlights, i can't drill the bumper into this area, that would be straight into the headlight housing! Â*Any help would be greatly appreciated. Â*Sorry to sound so confusing!</div>

i used weather sealing rubber insulator(like around the door)