The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Eibach Has Pro Kit for 8G 4 cyl !!!

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    Andoy

Eibach Has Pro Kit for 8G 4 cyl !!!

Check out Eibach's site - they list a Pro-Kit for 4 cyl!!! different
    part # than 6 cyl.

cant be same spring as 6, since drop is same on both! 1.2 /1" rear

Strange. confused dealers say no such spring exists, but one checked with Eibach, they do have on special order.

Where did these come from? Eibach does sell the Pro Kit for 4's in
    Europe ...

we knew that already

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Andoy
    really?? must be new cause Eibach told me recently that only have it for the 6 and the dealers say it does not exist in their catalog!

qbcrusher
    DO NOT BUY the i4 kit, I just went through hell with Eibach the kit doesn't fit the front springs are only about 4.5" they told me they are discontinuing the i4 kit, for some reason they put the right part # on the wrong springs. What made it worse was the springs for that kit were made in Germany and it took their tech dept. a day and a half to figure out the problem. I was going to go to the eclipse springs from Eibach but after this fiasco I went with Tein S Tech's off ebay shipped to me for $179.00 better spring less money and they might even fit!!

I have a set for the i4 and it worked fine. Perfect install, no problems, great drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Andoy
    really?? must be new cause Eibach told me recently that only have it for the 6 and the dealers say it does not exist in their catalog!
    Thats because its not listed for the i4 8Gs in the 2005 Catalog.

Btw, for those that are interested the 9G spring are in development.

Andoy
    man, this seems extremely screwed up ..

part is listed on Eibach website for 4 cyl., but you call dealers, "its
    not in catalog!"

I called Eibach - they said I could get it thru a dealer.

Called dealer, said would have to call Eibach (ha) - its a "special order" from Eibach and supposed to be "only two left!"

I know they sell these in Europe for the 4 cyl. Galant so thought they got a few here in US

.. then one of you had problem with the fit (maybe why being 'discontinued?)!!! I thought these were NEW for 2006 -discontinued??

think I'm just going with another spring!!

qbcrusher
    Tried to tell you, I cant believe they would tell you they had 2 kits left one of them is the one isent back! pulled both my strut assembly's apart then noticed the springs were wrong then there tech dept. couldn't figure out why duhhh. Buy the Tein S Tech they ride better the drop is nicer not to radical and they FIT!

Andoy
    I'll bet they might have sent me yours! unreal

glad I didn't do it.

man, this seems extremely screwed up ..

part is listed on Eibach website for 4 cyl., but you call dealers, "its
    not in catalog!"

I called Eibach - they said I could get it thru a dealer.

Called dealer, said would have to call Eibach (ha) - its a "special order" from Eibach and supposed to be "only two left!"

I know they sell these in Europe for the 4 cyl. Galant so thought they got a few here in US

.. then one of you had problem with the fit (maybe why being 'discontinued?)!!! I thought these were NEW for 2006 -discontinued??

think I'm just going with another spring!!
    It was never made specifically for the I4 8G's before now. The springs have always been interchangeable from the 3G Eclipses, I4 or V6.

The European Galant has a different chassis so those springs won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by qbcrusher
    Tried to tell you, I cant believe they would tell you they had 2 kits left one of them is the one isent back! pulled both my strut assembly's apart then noticed the springs were wrong then there tech dept. couldn't figure out why duhhh. Buy the Tein S Tech they ride better the drop is nicer not to radical and they FIT!
    Eibach makes more than two kits per application, I have never seen in my dealings with Eibach a problem kit that was put back into stock.

I'll bet they might have sent me yours! unreal

glad I didn't do it.
    Doubtful.

It sounds like someone at Eibach decided that the European Galant is the same as our USDM and sold you those springs. Das Ubergeigh!

Andoy
    That must be it!

I talked to Eibach today and I was told the 8G I4 kit was discontinued due to lack of sales. I told them I know plenty of people who'd buy the kit, and that no one bought it because no one knew about it.

Andoy
    They told me last week "they had two left" --

I don't buy that 'no one wanted them', because Eibach only had one for the V6 until now -- it hasn't been out for long!

... must be the 'fit 'issue and they wont admit it!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Andoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>They told me last week "they had two left" --

I don't buy that 'no one wanted them', because Eibach only had one for the V6 until now -- it hasn't been out for long!

... must be the 'fit 'issue and they wont admit it!</div>

Its on the Eibach Euro website. I was told it was discontinued due to lack of sales, it wasn't fitment if it was it would have been redesigned. remember the 8G actually came out overseas in late 1996.

Damn, why can't I delete the post I made :? No more options of doing that?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nope.