The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Safc issue

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Safc issue

I just installed my safc 1 in my car but for some reason my rpms are reading wrong. Ive unhooked and rehooked up this thing several times and still the same thing. Can anyone tell me what can be wrong? Oh yea is my safc suppose to monitor a/f% also?

Re: Safc issue

Quote Originally Posted by B19WHEELS
    I just installed my safc 1 in my car but for some reason my rpms are reading wrong. Ive unhooked and rehooked up this thing several times and still the same thing. Can anyone tell me what can be wrong? Oh yea is my safc suppose to monitor a/f% also?
    don't use your safc2 to monitor o2 trims, it will alter the signal to the ecu and your car won't run properly.

as far as rpm's go,
    what do you mean its not reading properly. do you mean its off by a couple hundred, or the numbers do not corelate with your tach at all?
    if they do not correlate, then you have tapped the wrong wire for your rpm signal.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Re: Safc issue

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    Quote Originally Posted by B19WHEELS
    don't use your safc2 to monitor o2 trims, it will alter the signal to the ecu and your car won't run properly.

as far as rpm's go,
    what do you mean its not reading properly. do you mean its off by a couple hundred, or the numbers do not corelate with your tach at all?
    if they do not correlate, then you have tapped the wrong wire for your rpm signal.
    Its not reading even close to whats on my cluster. I rechecked it today and i had it hooked to pin68 which is brown w/green stripe. my pin69 in red w/ yellow stripe and it works great now thanks!!