The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Projector Headlights

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Projector Headlights

THis might help some of you 7g owners who want some

click click

one big thing i found out from reading this is that you can sand off the fluting in the inside of the headlights but its very hard to get the headlight lens the same thickness so you'll end up with a distorted beam pattern.

that ideaabout maing a new lens looks promising. maybe one of you guys can improve on it to make it look better

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Oh wow, that's friggin' awesome! Fluting is like..........gone!!!!! :shock:

*considers trying*

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

phizz2k
    That looks pretty cool... I think I may try that as well...

that to much work for me!
    life's a waste of time, time's a waste of life, So foget about life and get wasted all the time!

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    that goes really nice with that car...

That looks like a pretty good step by step. Whoever tries it should definately do a tutorial for the 7G.
    -Pedro

More than likely I'm going to try this.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I wanna see it when your done.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

I'm going to attempt to contract something to that effect. Leave the fluting and everything as it is, but sand it away in the one spot over the projector. I think that might look good. Once I get my new set of headlights, I can practice on this one that I currently have. I'll see how truly clear I can get it by sanding away the fluting.

I just need some projectors. Can anyone help me out in getting a set of projectors for cheap? Yes, I've checked Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    one big thing i found out from reading this is that you can sand off the fluting in the inside of the headlights but its very hard to get the headlight lens the same thickness so you'll end up with a distorted beam pattern.

u gotta go cibi style like ericbla03 is doing for me.. if i decide not to keep them after hes made them ill sell them to a fellow tgc 7ger .. im the lab rat for now.. lol
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

the lexan fronts is what i was working on if i can ever get a chance to finish them, then ill be selling just the front lenses, the housings someone can buy as well, but i dont have the money to front a projector retrofit.
    -Travis

My Car

Experienced TGC Member
    I might try this.. But instead of projectors ill just stick with the factory lighting but have the clear plexy glass lenz instead of the stock ones with the ripples in them.. i think it would look nice with some Angel eyes....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19
    I might try this.. But instead of projectors ill just stick with the factory lighting but have the clear plexy glass lenz instead of the stock ones with the ripples in them.. i think it would look nice with some Angel eyes....
    if you dont put projectors or anthing that focuses beam your light would be everywere pointing up to the sky down to the ground all those little lines in the stock headlights is so the light can be focused to the places you need them and not to the sky and oncoming traffic.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

Experienced TGC Member
    Ahhhh.. cool thanks for telling me lol. Cause i would be fucked

After I got into my accident, I was driving around with a headlight that was completely without a lens, meaning there was nothing but a bulb and the chrome reflector. Let me tell you, the amount of light that came out of this thing amazed me. It casted a perfect beam of light in front of me and on the ground, and was NOT blinding to oncoming traffic. It really was awesome and the color from the EuroDezigns really showed nicely.

I took this picture with my headlight in that condition. Notice the amount of light output and the focus. It's focused more into a straight forward beam, as opposed to mostly in front and some on the sides. I liked this so much better and it looked insane as well, aside from the destroyed headlight assembly.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Hmmmmm....

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

ok i retract my previos statement then.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

LOL, I thought the same thing. I thought it'd basically throw light everywhere and be blinding, but it actually turned out to be focused into a straight beam, much like a flashlight but even more so focused. I have this spare headlight here that is damaged and I would never want anyone to install it on their car, so what I'm going to do is use it as my guinea pig. I'll try erasing some of the fluting and I'll see how it comes out.

Not any time soon, though.

How exactly would one go about replacing the front lens with some Lexan plexiglass, and having it still look normal? Also, if anyone knows of a headlight from another car that fits nice and snug into the corner of the 7G, we may be able to use it's glass and hack up something...

8G maybe?

the guy who did the tutorial was stupid. i would have painted the headlight to look like it had an eyebrow instead of just doing a strip on the perimeter. that way it blends in a lil better

jojo85
    my 8g,project projectors.