The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G Rear Fog Light

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

7G Rear Fog Light

Ok another theory! Now we have all seen the rear of the skyline. There is one light that is a reverse light and one that is a red fog light. My theory and question is, why cant we wire one of our reverse lights to A. come on on a switch and B. use a higher output socket and bulb to use like a fog? You wouldnt have to cut the bumper or have a ricey fog hanging off the bumper. It would be contained in the stock light set up, and have the same JDM/Euro foglight look. Any thoughts? Anyone with good electrical skills willing to try?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

they make a halogen 1156 bulb that you can use. it puts out 50 watts.

my main concern with that is heat. with you go to reverse, you're only in reverse for a like a minute or less. but if you're using it as a rear fog, its on for a while and the heat can build up. not sure how the factory tail would react to the heat.

i know there are some members here with jdm/euro tails on their 7g. i know some of them have rear fogs, you might want to see how those are setup

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

im w/ pino.. i dont think our tails could handle the heat.. but that halogen bulb works great a friend of mine used it as a reverse bulb and you cant miss him when hes backing up
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Well what wattage are the brakelights/parking lights? It would be fine to put another bulb with the same wattage as those in. Heat shouldnt be an issue then.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well what wattage are the brakelights/parking lights? Â*It would be fine to put another bulb with the same wattage as those in. Â*Heat shouldnt be an issue then.</div>
    i think they are like 15/25 watt bulbs. not much at all.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Yeah I am thinking it shouldnt be a problem. None of those bulbs burn hot enough to do any damage. Even if you get like...say 35-50 watt (if possible). Reason being, most people wont always drive with them on, and like I said before, even at that wattage I doubt they produce enough heat to do any damage. The tails are made out of the same plastic as the headlights, when you guys clear your corners you put the heads in the OVEN at like 200 deg and they dont melt. I highly doubt these little bulbs get anywhere near that.

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"