The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Window Tinting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 38
    BottomBoy

Window Tinting

This has prolly been discussed before. But I'm trying to get my 01 galant window tinted for the first time so I just called around and the 3 quotes I got was $175 $185 and $195. One guy told me that they're 3 different types of tints. The regular color tint that fades and turns purple and stuff quick. Then theres a color-metal that fades 3-5 years. Then theres I think he said color-metal sputter tint that never fades, and that was $265

These prices were for the 4 windows and back.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    OK, what's ya question?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

BottomBoy
    No question, just posting info.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Eh, ok. Thanks

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

rolling
    damn thats alot where are you at i payed 120.00 lifetime warrenty no fade or color change

i own a window tinting shop and that is correct. whatever you do dont go with the dye film. the hybrid (dye/metallic) is ok and thew sputtered is bs. the best film is 3M carbon or a ceramic, but those are even more expensive. your best bet is goin with the hybrid. unless you live in so cal i can hook you up with the 3M for 220.

BottomBoy
    I live in south mississippi (where hurricane katrina directly hit...anywho) I'll go with the 175 after i ask em what kind it is, if its regular, then i'll prolly do the 195 color-metal one. I'ma do all 4 and back all the same %, the darkest legal % in my area. Not sure about the top winsheild part, I like the stock tinting and how the bottom fades, don't want the straight strip.

i paid $130 for mine dude said it won't fade but he said if dat shit starts to do fade to call him up and do it again for free i guess its a forever Warrantee hahah but yeah thats all around and the sun roof
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

paid 130 for mine in florida....dude used lumar mirror tint

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    shit...if you lived here bottomboy...i could've hooked you up...my boy and his family own a shop...i hooked up about 4 of my co-workers the past month already...and a couple are still gonna go to him...

our myspace is myspace.com/tint

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I paid $120 all around with lifetime warrantee on mine. Had it two years now and no fade.

PurpleHaze
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPtint
    our myspace is myspace.com/tint
    Am I the only one around who doesn't use this site. Damn

Nah I don't use it either. I have decided to not start, bc it is more addictive than crackrock. Or so I have heard.

Damn, those are some cheap prices. I need to get mine re-done, as all my windows are purple :x. Does anyone know any places in NY that I could get them for cheap and never fade? (My friend has gotten his done locally, for around $220 or so, and I assume that it's never fading because he isn't the type to get some shit that's just gonna fade in time.) But $130? lol that would be nice.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G35KP
    Damn, those are some cheap prices. I need to get mine re-done, as all my windows are purple :x. Does anyone know any places in NY that I could get them for cheap and never fade? (My friend has gotten his done locally, for around $220 or so, and I assume that it's never fading because he isn't the type to get some shit that's just gonna fade in time.) But $130? lol that would be nice.
    I got mine done at Xqusite Motorsport on the corner of Bedford Ave & Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn.

If I went to go get em done there, I'd still be spending the difference in gas... lol

jacquesfp
    wat is the reflective tint called and how much does that run

Quote Originally Posted by BottomBoy
    I live in south mississippi (where hurricane katrina directly hit...anywho) I'll go with the 175 after i ask em what kind it is, if its regular, then i'll prolly do the 195 color-metal one. I'ma do all 4 and back all the same %, the darkest legal % in my area. Not sure about the top winsheild part, I like the stock tinting and how the bottom fades, don't want the straight strip.
    i'm from the gulfport/biloxi area too...had to relocate to atlanta for the time being. i was told by several shops on the coast that the darkest legal % was 35. I ended up driving to a tint place by the bel-aire mall in mobile. They did all 4 windows, the back and top windshield stripe for 190...lifetime warranty

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BottomBoy
    no fuckin' shit...

what part of south mississippi?

I'm from Poplarville, right there by Picayune... where you going to get your prices???

Sunguard there in Picayune is always good, I got a lifetime waranty w/ 35% (what is lowest legal % there in MS) all the way around for $140.
    -Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast