The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: IAC Problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    silversound
    SO DoverWhite ho is she runnin?

DoverWhite
    Just got home, so far so good.. but not holding my breathe just yet because the last time I tried a few things it lasted a couple of days before acting up.

I had to reset the computer by unplugging battery for 1/2 hour, because prior to reset'ing the idle was too high (1100rpm) and tranny shifted wierd.. it just seemed like some sort of timing was off. After reset, all is well.

If no problems by the end of the week, I'll feel satisfied.

DoverWhite
    Ok guys, 3rd day and everything is running smoooooth.

So I'm pretty confident (75%) that it's solved.

I can not definitively say that changing the IAC solved it though, as i did experience the same idle problems after installing it. It is only after I reset the computer (by unplugging battery for 20 minutes) did it truly resolve all issues.

So it IS possible that the IAC solved it, or a combination of the both, or even possible that the resetting of the computer alone could have done it (I never tried resetting battery alone, prior to installing the IAC).

With that in mind, thank you everyone for your kindness and help. If not for the tips on this board, I would've SURELY and REGRETTABLY spend probably nearly 1k to have the dealer diagnose and fix this. I ended up spending only $50 for the IAC and less than 1 hour of my own labor.

You guys are the best.

nm
    [email protected] <- '01 ES V6 (detuned for daily commutes)

Black '94 Audi S4 soon RS2'd running 28 psi
    Chipset [X]|Injectors[X]|Turbo[X]|RS2 Manifold[X]|Bosch 3-BAR MAP[X]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12