The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Would you buy this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    those bars pivot man, also no bar provides true rigidity without being connected to the firewall. as i kno, i think the eclipse stb connects tot he firewall. the ebay one doesnt.
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gtx)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    You know what, nevermind, we can say anything.

If you don't believe us, just get yourself a book about Statics (trusses, rigidity etc)</div>

Has anyone had both bars? If so and they say the Eclipse STB is better than great, if no one has had both than how can you prove it better? Just asking honestly.</div>

Honestly, for most of us this is common sense because the things said above. Plus I learned Statics for years in a university like MIT.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonestar22)</div><div class='quotemain'>those bars pivot man, also no bar provides true rigidity without being connected to the firewall. as i kno, i think the eclipse stb connects tot he firewall. the ebay one doesnt.</div>

Actually, we have a bigger engine bay, so it does not connect to the firewall on the Galant.

Anyone know what a OEM strut tower bar w/ brackets costs from the dealership?

about $60 bucks all together.

Damn I'll just do that. My dad said he would fabricate me a bar to goto the firewall, for witch ever one I get.

just get the 3g eclipse strut and the brackets... you don't need to fabricate a new bar...

edit: oops I didn't see that it said firewall... i thought u were talkin about the strut towers. yea, it would be nice to have a bar to go to the firewall. If he can do it successfully, lemme know how much and maybe he can hook me up too

Aight I'll get some pics up when I get it done, as of right now I don't even have the bar yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xrs2
    Damn I'll just do that. My dad said he would fabricate me a bar to goto the firewall, for witch ever one I get.
    and how would you solidly make a mount to go on the firewall??

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I have no idea what he's thinking, but we owned a machine shop, and had done alot of stuff like this for customers.

I assume it involes welding and cutting and whatnot. Haha I'll leave that to him.

welding something to the firewall is just gonna be useless since it weakens the firewall.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

He'll figure it out, he has worked on racecars before. He knows what he is doing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12