The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spark Plugs.....

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Spark Plugs.....

I know this is probably a dumb question, but check this out...I have to tune up my G so I was going to go get some spark plugs and wired and place them in myself. Whats Gauge/spacing would you guys recommend I set the plugs at for the best performance out of them?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    4g64? ngk bkr5e-11 copper
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

yeah it is.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    before I went turbo is used Bosch double platinum, they come pre-gapped, all you do is install them. they work well
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

use only factory NGKs. anything else is a mistake.
    use the factory recommended gap.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    before I went turbo is used Bosch double platinum, they come pre-gapped, all you do is install them. they work well
    Ya either those or the NGK plats work nice.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Proto
    i use NGK vpowers

CrazyGalant
    Denso Iridium

I do know one thing, Although Im sure the plats are good, I rather have the copper for better conectivity/spark. The plats will just last longer, but for as cheap as plugs are, Ill stay with the copper.

So the factory gap will do fine, Nothing really may give it a slightly better performance?

Quote Originally Posted by FatFury
    I do know one thing, Although Im sure the plats are good, I rather have the copper for better conectivity/spark. The plats will just last longer, but for as cheap as plugs are, Ill stay with the copper.

So the factory gap will do fine, Nothing really may give it a slightly better performance?
    no plug nor plug wire will improve any performance on any car.
    people are far too quick to believe nonsense like that. The fact is, the amount of spark required to fire off a fuel mixture isnt going to change with plug or wire. and replacing plugs or wires with "hi-po" pieces is a total waste of money, as the factory ignition system is capable of producing over twice the voltage your engine will ever need.
    the only reason to ever replace plugs and wires is because they wear. thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFury

people are far too quick to believe nonsense like that. The fact is, the amount of spark required to fire off a fuel mixture isnt going to change with plug or wire. and replacing plugs or wires with "hi-po" pieces is a total waste of money, as the factory ignition system is capable of producing over twice the voltage your engine will ever need.
    I could not DISAGREE with you more. Thats a very generalized statement and unless your referring it to a STOCK motor, then your 110% wrong. So your saying if I put stock plugs in my car with stock ignition coils and I ran 30psi that I wouldnt get a misire or detonation. Look on any EVO website, any EVO making over 400whp has either an ignition amp box or a totally different ignition all together. Why would people make aftermarket ignition systems, plugs, wires, coils etc. if all the stock components could handle it with no problem? Im not sure how you came up with that.........
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Well I have to change the Plugs and wired anyway, so I was just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi

I could not DISAGREE with you more. Thats a very generalized statement and unless your referring it to a STOCK motor, then your 110% wrong. So your saying if I put stock plugs in my car with stock ignition coils and I ran 30psi that I wouldnt get a misire or detonation. Look on any EVO website, any EVO making over 400whp has either an ignition amp box or a totally different ignition all together. Why would people make aftermarket ignition systems, plugs, wires, coils etc. if all the stock components could handle it with no problem? Im not sure how you came up with that.........
    of course Im referring to a stock motor....
    who in the hell would put 30 PSI to a galant motor, and then actually ask someone about their ignition system?

but incidently, mitsu uses the same ignition system on their turbocharged cars as they do on thier normally aspirated cars.
    do you even know how much power the factory system is capable of producing? they conk out at about 45000 volts. Your stock engine will rarely need more than 20000. If it was turbo'ed, it would still need barely more than 30000.
    if you actually were running 30PSI of boost, I would hope you would actually know what you're doing, and not be asking people about your ignition system on a public website.

[quote="manybrews
    quote]

OK. I was just concerned about the generalization of your statement....
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    What? I went from some Bosch Platinums in my car to a set of NGK BPR6ES plugs and I noticed a great difference under boost. Those Bosch plugs blow.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    What? I went from some Bosch Platinums in my car to a set of NGK BPR6ES plugs and I noticed a great difference under boost. Those Bosch plugs blow.

I think that maybe people are mistaking "increased performance" for "correct performance".

I despise bosche plugs due to the fact that they suck.. they fail more than any other plug Ive ever seen used.
    When a plug fails, it misfires. it causes incorrect running. So replacing it with a quality plug will obviously increase performance, because the car wasnt running correctly previously.
    if the previous plug was not misfiring, the new plug will not in and of itself increase performance in anyway.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Ah guess it makes sense when you put it like that
    7g for life!

platinum or iridium and boost dont mix too well.... they foul very easily
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Amanda Huginkiss
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    What? Â*I went from some Bosch Platinums in my car to a set of NGK BPR6ES plugs and I noticed a great difference under boost. Â*Those Bosch plugs blow.</div>

I think that maybe people are mistaking "increased performance" for "correct performance".

I despise bosche plugs due to the fact that they suck.. they fail more than any other plug Ive ever seen used.</div>
    Agreed and agreed. I can't count the number of people I used to hear commenting on how their bosch platinum +4's, new plug wires, and 93 gas netted them 10hp.

in my 8th gen im running bosch double plat
    and the proformance is great no problems here
    and before the bosch i was using ngk vpower and those wree just as good the only reason i swicthed is becuase i wanted to see if from going from single ground tip to double would of made a diffrence and yes it did in prformance and in gas anyway juss to sum it all take the opinions but do what you want with your car
    From the dance floor to the track
    bboy for life
    Mitsubishi for life