The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mitsu.. number 4 in conumer reports...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    about time people realized mitsu is quality. maybe their bad rep will go away now
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Greek
    Maybe the RTV is original then, I've never personally pulled a pan off any car that had RTV on the original gasket to begin with, in fact a lot of cars I've done it on said NOT to use RTV with the new gasket.
    ALL they use is sealant. there is no other gasket, nor has there ever been on a mitsu.
    actually, thats not quite right.. the last engine they had that actually used a pan gasket was the 2.6 liter 4 cylinder from the 80s.
    but since then everything is sealed with sealant. and its MUCH, MUCH better. most car companies went to sealant years ago, because it works for the job a thousand times better than a gasket.

As far as RUST, my car has no rust as it's a southren car, in fact the engine bay looks brand spanking new after 2 years and 50k miles...its the region you're probbaly in.

I'll take a picture tonight, but I'm working until 10:00 PM CT so don't expect it until then.
    its a cast iron block.. cast iron rusts HORRIBLY, and there is no type of protection again that... nor does there need to be, because its an inch thick.
    perhaps in a southern state the surface rust isnt as bad (im in a snowbelt state)..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe the RTV is original then, I've never personally pulled a pan off any car that had RTV on the original gasket to begin with, in fact a lot of cars I've done it on said NOT to use RTV with the new gasket.</div>
    ALL they use is sealant. there is no other gasket, nor has there ever been on a mitsu.
    actually, thats not quite right.. the last engine they had that actually used a pan gasket was the 2.6 liter 4 cylinder from the 80s.
    but since then everything is sealed with sealant. and its MUCH, MUCH better. most car companies went to sealant years ago, because it works for the job a thousand times better than a gasket.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>

As far as RUST, my car has no rust as it's a southren car, in fact the engine bay looks brand spanking new after 2 years and 50k miles...its the region you're probbaly in.

I'll take a picture tonight, but I'm working until 10:00 PM CT so don't expect it until then.</div>

its a cast iron block.. cast iron rusts HORRIBLY, and there is no type of protection again that... nor does there need to be, because its an inch thick.
    perhaps in a southern state the surface rust isnt as bad (im in a snowbelt state)..</div>

True, you learn a little bit every day, I guess it's that RX-7 stigma biting me in my ass again...
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

Talking about quality......

The first Mitsubishi I owned was a 1990 Mitsu Mirage EXE. The car was used by my grandmother 9 years straight on a paper route. The car ALWAYS started and never broke down. I got it in the later part of '98 and had it until 2003. I had pulled over on the side of a highway to change a tire. As soon as the car stopped, a drunk driver hit me doing about 55 MPH and kept on going (the police did NOTHING to find him) and put the trunk behind my seat ( this car a 4-door). When I got out, the whole body was shifted to one side and the top of the car was bent almost to the windshild. To my surprise, the car was still running and was not leaking anything. To say the least it was totaled. I then got a 93 Plymouth Voyager in December of 2003 and had it until about June 21 of this year. I sold it because of the price of gas. It had the Mitsu 3.0 in it and the only problem I had was a starter. Then I got a FREE 1990 Plymouth Acclaim with 58k on it. It also has a Mitsu 3.0 in it and it will eat the front tires off!!! I still have this car and the only thing I have done was convert the ac to 134A. Then of course I have my Galant S. I have no mechanical problems with it. The previous owner did not take care of it like they should have (cosmetic wise) and did not give it tuneups, oil changes or maintain it well. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: But it runs now like a new car after I gave it a tune-up and changed the oil and other small items. GOOOOOOOO MITSUBISHI!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12