The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: emanage... ultimate or blue?

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

emanage... ultimate or blue?

right now im using a apexi safc2 but im going to move on to the greddy emanage but im wondering if the ultimate is really worth all the extra money? anybody on here using one? what features are you actually able to use on our car?

i mainly want to change to the emanage so i can adjust timing but the ultimate also has few other features that caught my attention

A/F Target Value Map (feedback tuning function)
    By inputting target Air Fuel values in this map, ''e-mange Ultimate'' will automatically make corrections to the ''Injection Map,'' if an A/F meter (*high quality) is connected to the Auxiliary Output signal. This feature can shorten the tuning time
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the fact that it tries to achieve your target a/f as you drive is amazing
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    As for which would be beter, I have no clue. But targer A/F is cool. A lot of companies are starting to utilize this feature. I have never used it, but it sounds like it would work great if using it with a reputable wideband.

The MAFTPro uses it and I think its a feature of Megasquirt as well.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Leicoolya bought the Emanage and immediately tried to sell it to get the Ultimate. Emanage is good but Ultimate is GREAT, if you can afford to get it, I'm sure you wont regret it

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>the fact that it tries to achieve your target a/f as you drive is amazing</div>

+1, though it requires a wideband to do this. And after all is said and done, it can end up costing nearly as much as a stand alone.

But none the less, if you have the money I would get it.

from what i hear, that is pretty much the only difference....guy at TS said he ran 26 psi on his eclipse w/ emanage blue

he actually talked me out of the ultimate because he said i wouldnt usse the extra functions

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    My friend has a G20 and he has emanage hooked up to it. The shit is hot as hell especially cuz he got a carpc. All the reading for everything is there, clear cell codes, read em, and what i like most. We swapped his engine and put in a SR20DET, tuning was a cinch. He just borrowed a file that someone else in his forum had saved from their tuning and uploaded it straight thru his carputer to the emanage. When i first saw this was when i decided to do a carpc and also the same type of setup.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

my tearstone kit comes with an emange blue, alot people on club3g are usein the blue..
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

i went ahead with the blue... i found a program that will add the auto tune feature to the blue using the gold upgrade and hooking up the wb02 to the 2nd maf input

i will let you guys know how it works by wed im gonna install and tune tomorrow and tuesday
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

gotdamn support tool is on back order from greddy so i ordered a usb to usb clone cable and im gonna download the support software... just waiting on the cable to get here

any update on this?

Last time I heard from him, he got it installed and running after replacing his coil packs.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but alot of the EVO guys had probs with using emanage because it blew out their coil packs, 4G64's use the same coil packs as EVO's so im not sure whats gonna go down, some guys on club3g are using it, but i know of a few people who switched for the ultimate and some to AEM EMS
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member
    ^ Ya I've heard of similiar problems regarding the Blue version (don't know if its still a problem with the EU). Now this only happens when you hook up the ignition to control timing. IIRC the 3G guys also had problems with this.

the problem is when you leave the key in the acc position for a long time the coil start to heat up... when your setting up the emanage sometimes (depending on your laptops speed) you could be waiting for a long time to get the maps and firmware upgrades to load. i left my key in that position for a good 10-15 min around 3 times getting everything worked out. thats what fries the coil packs it seems... because the coil packs we use have a transistor in them and thats what seems to fry. also i read that upgrading your firmware to the latest version solves the coil pack problem too but im not sure how accurate that is.

other then that the car is running fine now no more pinging due to the advace in timing i was getting from the sacf2. ive run up to 15psi with no problem and i was still getting constant .94-.98 02 voltage on my data logger, im waiting to get my wideband so i can tell exacly what my a/f is but for now she runs great... timing is at a good 17-19 at WOT also. as soon as it comes in im gonna try out that support tool upgrade with the auto tune feature i got. hope to get to the track and the dyno soon.